Inter Winter XC Series

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
Welcome. guy

Welcome to both of you.

Don't worry about working out which grade you need to race in. if you are going to the first interwinter race, my guess is, the first race of the winter series is a grading race. everyone will leave the start line together and at the end of the race when the results are put up, each rider will be put either into A B or C grade. A is the top grade. If there are enough riders competing there may even be a D grade.
As these racers are aimed at club round A grade is the fastest riders and B and C are either one 3rd or two thirds down the list. You end up riding/racing against riders of similar ability. after a race the results are online and you can check to see how much faster slower you were against the guys/girls you raced the previous weeks. Also It can be super fun when we have a handicap event because you end up trying to hold off the fast finishing riders or try to catch some of the lower grade riders.

hope you enjoy the series and welcome to GMBC.

Knut

Troll hunter
Perfect Trail Conditions

Paul from Woodend informed me that there was a question on the permit. To the answer that asked about trail conditions, he ticked; Awesome. With rain during the week and a sunny weekend ahead, it will be incredible. See you there.

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
I went out there last weekend and the trails were in excellent condition. There's been a lot of work put into them, that's for sure.

fergo

Likes Dirt
I went out there last weekend and the trails were in excellent condition. There's been a lot of work put into them, that's for sure.
And there is another working bee this Saturday. If you love the trails, come and give back to them. Meeting time is 1pm at the Wombat Dam. Bring shovel/maddock/wheel barrow/ gloves etc.

Many hands make light work.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Can someone give me some information on the course at Woodend? It's a 30km race, is that a single 30km loop or multiple loops on a small track? What is the course profile? Is there a neutral feedzone? At want point in the course is the feedzone? How are courses in Australia marked?

Keen on the course profile the most, and the feedzone info, the rest I'm sure I'll figure out. Trying to understand if the course is heavily loaded with climbing in the start, middle, end, or not at all.

sossy

Saucier
For those people who are racing the SHITS on Sat, I know of a couple of people that are racing the SHITS and then making the trip down to Woodend for the interwinter series Sunday...

In a word, Mental!

Get on it though

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
Can someone give me some information on the course at Woodend? It's a 30km race, is that a single 30km loop or multiple loops on a small track? What is the course profile? Is there a neutral feedzone? At want point in the course is the feedzone? How are courses in Australia marked?

Keen on the course profile the most, and the feedzone info, the rest I'm sure I'll figure out. Trying to understand if the course is heavily loaded with climbing in the start, middle, end, or not at all.
Click: http://www.gmbc.com.au/. Most of your questions will be answered.

Feed zone? Who needs feed? I need speed, not feed.

Knut

Troll hunter
A Day at the Races

Does it get better than this? I can't wait to ride there.

BOM Web Forecast

Central District Forecast
IDV17102

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Victoria

Central District Forecast
Issued at 4:30 pm EST on Friday 14 May 2010
for the period until midnight EST Tuesday 18 May 2010.

Warning Summary at issue time
Nil.

Details of warnings are available on the Bureau's website www.bom.gov.au, by telephone 1300-659-217* or through some TV and radio broadcasts.

Weather Situation
An intense low pressure system over the Tasman sea is drifting towards New Zealand. A high pressure system over western Victoria will remain over the State through until mid next week. Meanwhile, an upper level trough will clip the northwest of the State Sunday then will clear on Monday.

Forecast for the rest of Friday
Cloudy. Patchy drizzle. Light winds.

Forecast for Saturday
Partly cloudy. Patchy drizzle early in the morning. Patchy morning fog. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to around 8 with daytime temperatures reaching around 15.

GeelongEarly fog or drizzle.Min7Max17Yarra GlenEarly fog and drizzle.Min5Max17FrankstonA little early drizzle.Min11Max16ScoresbyEarly fog or drizzle.Min7Max17WonthaggiShower or two.Min10Max16No UV Alert, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Forecast for Sunday
Patchy morning fog then mainly sunny. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to around 7 with daytime temperatures reaching around 16.

GeelongFog clearing.Min7Max19Yarra GlenFog clearing.Min4Max18FrankstonEarly fog.Min10Max17ScoresbyFog clearing.Min6Max18WonthaggiPartly cloudy.Min9Max18

Last edited:

fergo

Likes Dirt

Hey rearview, refer to post #32 in this thread. There is no feedzone midway. 30km is too short!!! It is a one way single loop full of logs and corners and plenty of trees. Watch out when it gets really steep for the narrow plank at the bottom - dont miss it!

Knut

Troll hunter
Anticipation is lethal

The soil looks great! It will be perfect up there this morning. I think the Yowie has been seen around the area. Look out for him too.

Knut

Troll hunter
Absolutely brilliant event

One hundred and fifty eight competitors at Club level XC! Amazing event, unbelievable trails, great easy going crew from Wombat and the weather was perfect. Well done to all who organised and participated. I will remember this race for a long time... Thanks.

Oh yes and the Yowie got me too.

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Scared the absolute shit out of me...

I almost crashed on the log he was hiding behind the second time.

kwm00re

Likes Bikes
Amazingly fun race!

My back and legs are shattered - 30k of Wombat @ race pace smashed me...
But the whole time I had such a huge smile on my face... I'm still smiling.

Great event boys. Where can we find the results?

I ♥ Wombat.
Ken.

Knut

Troll hunter
Results are on the way

I think Tania will place them up after she has had a well deserved sleep. I will contact her tommorrow. They will be on the GMBC site under results. I will put them up on this thread too.

Hope you had a good day, I am still smiling.

Awesome day

Excellent event. Great to see so many turn out to the new multi-club series.A big round of applause to all the wombat club volunteers who have obviously toiled hard to present us with such enjoyable singletrack. Bravo. Can't wait for the next round.