Inter Winter XC Series

Knut

Troll hunter
The four coolest MTB Clubs of Victoria are consolidating for one of the most fun and challenging XC series around. The clubs will take it in turn to run an event as their shared winter series. Different locations, different formats and different organisers. Same result... Happy mountain bikers.

Here are the dates and venues:

Woodend May 9
Forrest Jun 20
Castlemaine 4 Jul
Geelong 1 Aug

Stay tuned to this thread and Woodend, Forrest, Castlemaine and Geelong sites for more info. See you there.

Steve

Knut

Troll hunter
Formats for the series

A Point to Point, a 3 Hour Enduro, an XCO and a Three stage race (ITT, XCO and XCC in the same day)

Thanks for asking. Club racing is the greatest! Bring your mates along and support a great series.

Knut

Troll hunter
Abreviations

ITT Individual Time Trial (this will include a full suite of electronic timing device by Tag Huer)
XCO Cross Country Olympic
XCC Cross Country Criterium
XCE Cross Country Enduro
XCM Cross Country Marathon
TLA Three Letter Acronym

Rocky Riders

Likes Bikes
Castlemaine round will a blast from the past - back to one of Victoria's original XC racing areas - the pineys - while most Rocky Rider racing has been at Jubberland of recent years, the trail fairies have still been toiling away in the pine forest...

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
BTW i would absolutely looovvee to get a heap of juniors out there to compete.
Forest crew will most likely be in on the whole thing and so will I.
Maybe we can even push for our own categorey??
See you then! :cool:

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
open to all riders

Just to be clear. These races are open to all riders from all clubs, if you are not a member of a club, mtba day licenses, to cover the insurance, will be available.

Great winter racing, One race each month, in great venues.

fergo

Likes Dirt
First Round on 9th May

Are the dates set in stone or were there no females on the decision committee? Woodend round on Mothers Day?:mad:

Fat chance I have to ride on my home turf!! :(

btothec

Likes Dirt
Word on the trails is that the dates aren't 100% set in stone. Maybe somebody else can confirm that for us?

felixmtb

Likes Dirt
Sounds Great, how long will the point to point be? or is that a secret?:D

Piney's should be interesting, nice and tight in there.

Last edited:

Knut

Troll hunter
dates

Just waiting on Woodend for a cofirmation on their date. All others are fine. It will be all cofirmed very soon. Sorry for the delay, there is only so many hours in the day. I am loking forward to it though. It'll be fun eh?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Just waiting on Woodend for a cofirmation on their date. All others are fine. It will be all cofirmed very soon. Sorry for the delay, there is only so many hours in the day. I am loking forward to it though. It'll be fun eh?
You posted this at 3:21AM!
Don't you sleep man?

Knut

Troll hunter
CVRR Round

Just spoke to Castlemaine and they have a very exciting concept they want to have a go at for their round. I won't spoil their thunder but keep an eye on the CVRR website for further updates.

Will let you know whether WMBC run their event on 9 or 16 May NLT midweek.

Knut

Troll hunter
The coolest tracks and clubs come together for an amazing feit

Here are the revised and locked in dates and venues for Inter Winter 2010:

Woodend May 16
Forrest Jun 20
Castlemaine 4 Jul
Geelong 1 Aug