I could live here....

Lemontime

Eats Squid
In this link: Excessive amounts of white wash walls, lack of carpet, over-use of wanky design and "modern" architecture. Houses (rooms?) that look fun to mess around in but seem completely un-livable.
Not in this link: Anything with character, rooms that are completely carpeted, "normal" places, your house.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Here you go genius.

A nice little, perfectly funcional carpeted room (because apparently it's wrong not to have carpet?:confused:), for a narrow minded dull being like yourself to dwell in and hate against everything that isn't the normal.

Then again, I wouldn't expect you to fancy anything other than the decor of Hell on wheels, or whatever that shop is that you whore the arse end out of.

Thanks for your, as usual, less than interesting input. :)

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Here you go genius.

A nice little, perfectly funcional carpeted room (because apparently it's wrong not to have carpet?:confused:), for a narrow minded dull being like yourself to dwell in and hate against everything that isn't the normal.

Then again, I wouldn't expect you to fancy anything other than the decor of Hell on wheels, or whatever that shop is that you whore the arse end out of.

Thanks for your, as usual, less than interesting input. :)
Yeah man, that's what I was going on about. Not the fact that all the images you posted are "the normal". The problem I see is that it's the up-and-coming architecture crowd all seeing stuff in the same way- right angles, attempted obscurity and the ever-tough quest for being "different". What does all of it result in though? Some serious homogenisation and "same-ey" constructions- boring. All the photos in that link have become "the normal".
My point about the lack of carpet was more a play on how cold all this modern architecture feels. Shiny concrete floors are not really the most comfortable, in my opinion. Just a personal thing I suppose.
You can rave on about how modern and influential all this shit is gonna be, but in the end your shit still stinks and your house is boring.

trollface.jpg

Drew.

Eats Squid
I never said any of it was going to influential, nor groundbreaking to the architectural industry, i was simply sharing a link for others who aren't narrow minded and can appreciate it. Does a painting have any function? Does a photo have any function? Does a random formation of metal or stone you may see in the city serve any real purpose?? No, they are nothing but material object for human viewing, some architecture and interior design can very well just be a form of art, too. But again, i wouldn't expect you to widen your mind to appreciate that.

Last edited:

Oliver.

Liquid Productions
Ever since I was little, I always wanted a house that had only windows for walls, looking out onto an epic vista.

This is damn close to what I had in my imagination for many years. Amazing to think it actually exists!

Thanks for sharing Drew, I like.

Jimass

Eats Squid
For the most part, i agree with Lemontime.

But probably not to the same extent. There are some quite 'live able' homes in there.

Drew.

Eats Squid
I think 90% of the homes are quite easily liveable, the other 10% are still liveable, just perhaps not to what you're used to? again...

Lemontime

Eats Squid
I never said any of it was going to influential, nor groundbreaking to the architectural industry, i was simply sharing a link for others who aren't narrow minded and can appreciate it. Does a painting have any function? Does a photo have any function? Does a random formation of metal or stone you may see in the city serve any real purpose?? No, they are nothing but material object for human viewing, some architecture and interior design can very well just be a form of art, too. But again, i wouldn't expect you to widen your mind to appreciate that.
You're really loving this whole "narrow mind" thing aren't you.

I do realize the creativity behind architecture, and it's clearly evident with the level of workmanship and quality I see in all the structures in the link. My only issue is that it's all the same. Huge amounts of empty space and the same colours.

Imagine a photo that's 90% white, empty neutral space. The final 10% is full of books, contrasting tables and chairs and a big black rectangle. That's what architecture is right now.

again...

BOX PICTURE
Oooh, you're outside the box yeah? Thinking outside the box! Get it?! I bet I'm in the box, yeah? Damn you're on fire tonight!

Last edited:

Doggy

Inconceivable!
I agree with Lemontime on those pics. And no I am not narrow minded when it comes to architecture and interior design...seeing how my wife is a one and I work in the building industry. I have always liked architecture and design but the majority of those are very sterile and well...meh to be honest. The only picture there that draws my attention is the one posted with the window wall, now that is awesome

Drew.

Eats Squid
You're really loving this whole "narrow mind" thing aren't you.

I do realize the creativity behind architecture, and it's clearly evident with the level of workmanship and quality I see in all the structures in the link. My only issue is that it's all the same. Huge amounts of empty space and the same colours.

Imagine a photo that's 90% white, empty neutral space. The final 10% is full of books, contrasting tables and chairs and a big black rectangle. That's what architecture is right now.
!
Loving? No, it really is the only way to describe what you are saying. Hey, i could even call it "stupid"? Because I don't particularly agree with it, hey

Haha mate, when was the last time you have been to an art gallery? There are famous pieces that consist of a white canvas with a painting of a plain shape on it. It's not something people are expected to understand, because it's not functional or its just "too simple", but sometimes the talent to make something so simple work is under rated.

It really is impossible to try and explain something to people like you, you either appreciate it, or you don't. I just didn't expect morons to comment on this if they can't appreciate it.

Forget it. If you can't appreciate it, it's not going to affect me, i don't give a fuck, just don't bust into a thread I started to share it with people who can appreciate it to cause a shit fight.

Last edited:

Lemontime

Eats Squid
Never said I don't appreciate it as a whole, just annoyed at the lack of difference between them all.

That canvas in the art gallery? How many of them are there in that one gallery? It's not an entire gallery of white canvases, so it's not relevant.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Never said I don't appreciate it as a whole, just annoyed at the lack of difference between them all.

That canvas in the art gallery? How many of them are there in that one gallery? It's not an entire gallery of white canvases, so it's not relevant.
For the pure reason that galleries have extensive planning behind their exhibitions, not a blog owner that posts a series of pictures before his glass of whiskey has gone...

'Ross

Eats Squid
Hmmm, 'liveability' or whatever you wish to call it certainly comes down to individual taste, different strokes for different folks.
I am all for seeing innovative and unusual architecture, even if its not appealing or I think its sucks, good to see people building new and interesting things.

A while back there was a blog or website? posted here where someone went around the world looking at the homes successful (but not exactly famous) people like artists, advertising execs, CEOs etc and they would do a really brief interview, show some pics of the house, and then get the owner to draw a picture of some random thing. Anyone got the link? It was pretty good viewing, I'll try to find it again.

Lemontime

Eats Squid
A while back there was a blog or website? posted here where someone went around the world looking at the homes successful (but not exactly famous) people like artists, advertising execs, CEOs etc and they would do a really brief interview, show some pics of the house, and then get the owner to draw a picture of some random thing. Anyone got the link? It was pretty good viewing, I'll try to find it again.
I remember a show sort of like that, but it was based around eco-homes and the like. Recycled water, solar energy etc. My favourite one was this one made out of these brown woody shale-like pieces in the shape of (what I thought) what looked like a rhyno. It had no flat walls and extended over a creek by a lake in Sweden (I think..). It was awesome.

Oh and the walls were all Reindeer fur.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Ever since I was little, I always wanted a house that had only windows for walls, looking out onto an epic vista.

This is damn close to what I had in my imagination for many years. Amazing to think it actually exists!

Thanks for sharing Drew, I like.
That's awesome. But how the fuck do I get to the books on the shelves on the edge of the mezzanine?