Hypotehically...

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
...say that myself or someone else was issued a parking ticket here in QLD by the police. All that was given was a ticket on the window with the details written in with pencil. Would it be possible to say, find someone else breaking the law in the same way (heaps do it everyday), rub out the ticket, put their details on it, then put it on their window?

When you went to pay the ticket, the details would not matter would they, just the number? So by rights you would be able to get a fellow law breaker to pay your ticket for you?

Would this be possible or am I smoking crack? Just hypothetically...

Edit: Can someone please fix my typo in the title! Cheers

Last edited:

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
The cop takes a copy too. Thats called a carbon copy.
I dont think the government's that stupuid.
It wouldnt matter if you were in my local area that the 'cop' has a copy.. but then again i didnt think police gave out parking tickets? i thought it was only "parking officers/inspectors", as the fine you pay, is to the council not the goverment (police),
when you go to pay a parking fine, you just quote the ticket number, and pay them the money, nothing to do with who the fine was issued too originaly.. so in that case, i would say hypotheticaly it would work perfectly.

edit: i just re- read what i wrote, what 'would' the fine be for? parking in a payed parking area with out paying, or parking in say a no parking zone, like a bus stop, or infront of a fire hydrant. if parking in front of a fire hydrant, or in a no parking zone, the police obviously can issue you a fine... how silly of me.

Last edited:

Kirky

Likes Dirt
I dont think the government's that stupuid.
I do... Althought you cant spell it.

You can't beat the system that easily. To change it would involve hacking into government computers and stuff...

Anyway, if you did change the plates on the tickets you may as well write under the 'infringements bit' put 'being a homosexual'. At least that way its funny.

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
when you go to pay a parking fine, you just quote the ticket number, and pay them the money, nothing to do with who the fine was issued too originaly.. so in that case, i would say hypotheticaly it would work perfectly.
Thats my chain of thought...that regardless of what was on the carbon copy (i know they have that, im not that stupid), that the only thing that would really be needed would be the ticket number. If say the other person who had done the same thing had their details on the ticket, they would quote my ticket number and pay my ticket without them actually being fined...but they would think they were coz they had actually done the wrong thing and hence wouldnt query it further.

Hypothetically, say it was for parking in a bus station car park on a yellow line, in a spot where there really should be a park but isnt coz they were too tight for new paint or something :rolleyes:

Say it also said on the top of the ticket 'QLD Police' and had the issuing officers details at the bottom...hence was actually issued by the cops.

sawtell

Say it also said on the top of the ticket 'QLD Police' and had the issuing officers details at the bottom...hence was actually issued by the cops.
im not sure about the police situation, i have never been issued a parking fine from the police, so am not sure about what happens when you pay it...

Its always worth a try, i dont see how you could get in trouble.. well caught just say you had nothing to do with it, and that you didnt even know you had a parking fine in the first place.. then mumble bloody ratbag kids stealing the fine of my window.

danv

Likes Dirt
Thats my chain of thought...that regardless of what was on the carbon copy (i know they have that, im not that stupid), that the only thing that would really be needed would be the ticket number. If say the other person who had done the same thing had their details on the ticket, they would quote my ticket number and pay my ticket without them actually being fined...but they would think they were coz they had actually done the wrong thing and hence wouldnt query it further.

Hypothetically, say it was for parking in a bus station car park on a yellow line, in a spot where there really should be a park but isnt coz they were too tight for new paint or something :rolleyes:

Tickets here in Vic have the time/date/place of offense, as well as the rego. dunno how it works there, but i do know that if I saw you doing that to my car I would probably tell you to get fucked in a less than verbal manner.

This is a stupid question/thread

sawtell

Tickets here in Vic have the time/date/place of offense, as well as the rego. dunno how it works there,
probaly has that as well, but he is saying that it is done in pencil, which would mean the day/date/place could be rubbed out and changed.

i should also ad, if you get a parking ticket in a toyota lexcen, and the officer writes it was a holden commodore, you can say it was not my car.. as the rego/car ID do not match.. true story.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
hypothetically if you do the crime and get caught do the time.

You'd have to be lower than shark shit to try and pass off your punishment to some innocent bystander:rolleyes:

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
I wasnt actually going to do it...shit no...god I know how pissed I would be if I had it done to me.

After getting the ticket today (its not actually mine), I was dreaming up ways to beat the system and that came to mind and was wondering how plausible it would be.

Just a hypothetical people...dont stress! Im not that low...

BM Epic

Eats Squid
What i used to do when i parked in sydney was drive around where i wanted to park, and find somebody who was issued a fine already, and take it off there windscreen,then park my car and put said ticket on my windscreen, and never once in three years did anybody catch on!
Don't know if it would work nowadays?

Woodsie

Likes Dirt
I like that one. When I got my licence I learnt about not parking on yellow lines, but the bastards forgot to teach me the extra clause "unless you think there really should be a park there". :p

xc_machine

Likes Dirt
It wouldnt matter if you were in my local area that the 'cop' has a copy.. but then again i didnt think police gave out parking tickets? i thought it was only "parking officers/inspectors", as the fine you pay, is to the council not the goverment (police),
No, it wouldn't work that easily. They take your plate number, which then gives the ticket an owner.
Oh, and yes, there are parking ispectors (instead of police), and if writing about it makes you happy, go for it.

Dumb shit

sawtell

No, it wouldn't work that easily. They take your plate number, which then gives the ticket an owner.
Oh, and yes, there are parking ispectors (instead of police), and if writing about it makes you happy, go for it.

Dumb shit
yeah so how many parking fines have you paid to my local council?... as i said IN MY AREA.. not yours. iwas just letting the orirgnal poster know that, in my area you coudl pull it off if they did it in pencil, but also in MY area, they are printed out recipts.. so you could not do it

and also you have a pm. feel free to harras me the reply like last time you had a go at me :);)

edit: are you sure it was done in pencil? i know when police hand out fines, they give you the CC copy, not the original... maybe you are confusing the CC writing or what ever you call it with pencil.. easy mistake. btw i think this topic is about dead now.

Last edited: