HSC Rollcall

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Who's sitting English 1 tomorrow? (lets face it, noone does french...actually, there must be some IT guys here..)

What Subjects?
How has the study gone?
What day do you finish?
What UAI do you want?

ME:
Advanced Engrish
3Unit Maths
Design + Technology
Engineering Studies
Physics

I finish on Wednesday the 8th! Cant fucking wait.

Hopefully 90+, but in reality it'll be between 80-90 :)mad:) .

Roll call, farkiners

shmeado

Likes Dirt
Engrish advanced
Maths 2U
Physics
Modern History
Engineering Studies

Study has gone gay (in terms of fun factor)

I finish on the 8th also.

Hoping for the 80's, but i should get at least the 70's

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
What Subjects?
Advanced English
Mathematics
PD/H/PE
Economics
Physics
D&T

How has the study gone?
Alright, feel like I should've done more though. English is going to suck. I can't write very fast and always do about 70% of what others do, although I write succinctly. Some of the harder exams are spread out for me (e.g. 1 week gap between maths and economics), so i can study fairly well in that time.

What day do you finish?
7th November (I have two days where i have an exam in the morning and then one in the afternoon).

What UAI do you want?
Need 70 to get into Accounting at CSU, but hopefully 75-80. I have a Traineeship in Accounting already and I start early next year.

hubbie

Forever 1,337
What Subjects?
2U Maths
Software Design and Development (Did it last year, got 83)
Physics
English Advanced
Design Tech

How has the study gone?
crap. I sit at the desk for ages, and basically just do what i am at the moment!

What day do you finish?
30th of October! ooooohhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh
but i get English Paper1 on my birthday, so i get raped in that department

What UAI do you want?
I want to do Mechanical Engineering, so 85 will get me in Automatically, but I can potentially get in with as low as like 70, due to extra criteria entry, and i think i can answer the questionaires quite well.

I just crave riding my bike, so i find it really hard to study properly, which is kinda crap, but i reckon i'll end up doing mech eng anyway, no matter what happens, i can still end up doing it!

Mandy

Likes Bikes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Subjects?
Advanced English (Done in 2005 71)
I T (Done in 2005 75)
And for this year i need 85 in all subject to get the uai i need
Math general
Business
Geography

How has the study gone?
Pretty good i have been averaging 6 hours a day. Last year i didnt even open a book and went to class hardly ever (same as this year) so i am hoping with study i can get 85s in all 3 this year

What day do you finish?
31st of October

What UAI do you want?
I need 78 and this sam thing said 85 in all 3 exams will get me that so i am hoping for that!!! With my attendance record though ill be happy to get a uai of 60

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
VCE For me.
What Subjects?
IT (Done in 2005)
Vis commication
Math fruther
math methods
English
Chemistry

How has the study gone?
ahh methods and chem could of gone alot better, really didnt like methods bad move graphics was sweet though!

What day do you finish?
finished class today but 7th Nov is my last exam chemistry.

What UAI do you want?
I plan on doing Vis com if i get to uni so its really not that revelent but a 60, and guesstimated a low 70 high 60's.

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
What Subjects?
Maths B
English Extension
HPE
IPT
Graphics
Art

How has the study gone?
I've done hell well in those hard ones (english, art) but have lost some points in the easy ones. Strange, guess it was just nature to work harder in the harder ones to get my marks up and forgot those easy ones still need attention.

What day do you finish?
Academically... 10th of November
Officially... 17th of November

What OP do you want?
I'm looking at a minimum of about 14. The uni courses I wish to do don't really require a specific OP, rather portfolios.

monkyboy

Likes Bikes
What subjects
English
Maths
Physics
Engineering
Geography
Religion 1 unit

How has the study gone
Ok. But I probably should be doing more. Can't get motivated for school.

What Day do you finish.
9th of november yippee.

What UAI do you want

Well I think I will get about 80 but want about 82. I'll have to see what happens.

Robb

Likes Dirt
So glad i did the ACT system with continuous assessment. By the last term of year 12 i didn't need to do any work as I had allready done really well in the first 3 semesters (best 3.5 counted).

Good luck with it all guys.

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Doin my part for QLD

Seeing as i live north of the border i don't know what a UAI is and i don't have to do HSC... The majority of assement for OP scores is sent away at the end of 3rd term... So just 5 exams between the 6-9th and i'm done. School officially finishes on the 17th then it's schoolies!!!! a week earlier than NSW and 2 earlier than VIC :D :D :D :D
Subjects:
Maths C (advanced)
English
Maths B (Requirement for maths C)
BCT (business)
PED (sport)
Physics

How has the study gone:
Shithouse! I can't do it! Lucky to average 10mins a day over the year :( Get too distracted and end up going for a ride. Somehow still gettin B's and A's though :rolleyes:

What OP:
9 will get me into engineering, i think i'l get under 5 though, (rated 1-25... 1 being the best 25 being the worst)

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
So glad i did the ACT system with continuous assessment. By the last term of year 12 i didn't need to do any work as I had allready done really well in the first 3 semesters (best 3.5 counted).

Good luck with it all guys.
it's only 3.2 semesters that count

Robb

Likes Dirt
it's only 3.2 semesters that count
Meh, its been 3 years since I did it. All i can remember was roughly top 4.5 courses (ie. 4 majors and 1 minor) and best 3.5 semesters or something similiar. Either way i allmost failed some classes cause i didn't show up, altho one of my english teachers showed up less then me to the class.

What college are you in?

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
in the act system it is your best 80% of (minimum) 3 majors and 1 minor that count, aswell as how your school does in the AST. it is super confusing at first, but once you get your head around it, it is quite easy to make it all work in your favour.

robmundall

Banned
Can I ask you guys, do you think it is nessasry to do math if you are doing physics? I got a bit over learning useless math stuff, but I am quite good at it so instead of math I am doing physics because i also enjoy physics.
I am just a but worried that I should be doing math aswell. Do you learn stuff in yr 11/12 math that you use in physics that you havent already learnt up to year 10 being in advanced math?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Can I ask you guys, do you think it is nessasry to do math if you are doing physics? I got a bit over learning useless math stuff, but I am quite good at it so instead of math I am doing physics because i also enjoy physics.
I am just a but worried that I should be doing math aswell. Do you learn stuff in yr 11/12 math that you use in physics that you havent already learnt up to year 10 being in advanced math?
I do 2 unit Maths and Physics. Maths definitely complements Physics, but in recent years the Physics course has moved away from being mostly about calculations to being based more on the theory. The things in Maths that would be most useful for Physics would be differentiating, min/max value problems and exponential growth/decay. Apart from that mate, as long as you can do algebra, rearrange equations and can convert mm into metres, etc, then you will be right.