How much do you weigh wet?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
As it got more and more moist today, I noticed myself feeling more and more sluggish. No worries, that's just me being unfit and some extra grit in the driveline right? Was nearing the end of my ride and saw my forks, looked like I was sitting a bit further in my travel than normal. Then checked my shock, yep full lowrider mode. Made me start thinking just how much I must have put on by being sopping wet, so took a photo of my static sag back at the car - this is from around 25% at the start of the ride

How many kegs could I really have put on?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The solution is to sell me your tracer and get a new bike.
There's really no other choice is there
I've also just found out I can't run my 11sp driveline on my non-boost rear wheels. Might as well just chuck it in the bin

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Why's that Plank? :(
Because someone on the internet told me so. Apparently the hub needs to be wider to fit a cassette that's the same width, I figure it's only a matter of time before I cause a divide by zero level event if I continue to run it

(Sarcasm, the someone on the internet was hilariously incorrect )

PJO

in me vL comy
It'll be ok, only you will go down the wormhole. I hope you can still message us from the other side...

moorey

call me Mia
Because someone on the internet told me so. Apparently the hub needs to be wider to fit a cassette that's the same width, I figure it's only a matter of time before I cause a divide by zero level event if I continue to run it

Not just wrong, vehemently wrong. :D
Never had the phenomenon of ACTUALLY gaining weight, but getting wet and muddy mentally weighs me down and zaps me.
On a big ride, I can easily drop 2kg as I drink and sweat. Maybe you’re just a sponge?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I swear I've tipped a litre of muddy foot juice from my shoes at the end of a wet ride before.
Shoey anyone?

safreek

There's really no other choice is there
I've also just found out I can't run my 11sp driveline on my non-boost rear wheels. Might as well just chuck it in the bin

Well that fucks my orange as well, gunna have to swap back to ten gears :mad:

ualf

Likes Dirt
As it got more and more moist today, I noticed myself feeling more and more sluggish. No worries, that's just me being unfit and some extra grit in the driveline right? Was nearing the end of my ride and saw my forks, looked like I was sitting a bit further in my travel than normal. Then checked my shock, yep full lowrider mode. Made me start thinking just how much I must have put on by being sopping wet, so took a photo of my static sag back at the car - this is from around 25% at the start of the ride

How many kegs could I really have put on?

Keep in mind that the temperature also dropped by over 10C so the air contracting will have caused some of the additional sag. You should have checked the pressure in the air springs as well.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't

you can fit -some of the older shimano freehubs can only take a 10spd, the newer ones came with a thin spacer to add a 10spd cassette, there was a guy in melb dishing cassettes so they would fit, he bores out 3mm or something from the back end so they go on

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
you can fit -some of the older shimano freehubs can only take a 10spd, the newer ones came with a thin spacer to add a 10spd cassette, there was a guy in melb dishing cassettes so they would fit, he bores out 3mm or something from the back end so they go on
Sure that's not a roadie thing?

I've casually swapped between 9/10/11 sp with no spacers and no fitment issues across multiple hub brands

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Sure that's not a roadie thing?

I've casually swapped between 9/10/11 sp with no spacers and no fitment issues across multiple hub brands

no, shimano specifically make a 11-34t 11 spd road cassette which they have dished so you can fit onto 10spd mtb wheels, the 11-32 will not fit though

moorey

call me Mia
The answer to a question no one asked...

RichJS

Likes Dirt
no, shimano specifically make a 11-34t 11 spd road cassette which they have dished so you can fit onto 10spd mtb wheels, the 11-32 will not fit though
Keeping this waaay OT, I know, but: The Shimano cassettes you're talking about are the CS-HG700-11 and HG800 which are effectively MTB 11-34 11sp cassettes. They are a great way to get 11sp on your old "10sp" road wheels. Or have a close-ratio MTB 11sp, I guess. The 105 RD-R7000-GS derailleur supposedly takes up to 11-42 without modification, too (no Goat-link or longer B-screw needed) so you can use MTB cassettes for massive range on road, or gravel if you don't care about GRX's clutched mech...

Shimano Road 11sp hub bodies (and cassettes to match) are 1.8mm wider than the regular HyperGlide hub that takes road up to 10sp and mountain up to 12sp - using SRAM NX-SX Eagle / Sunrace / others' 12sp HG mountain cassettes.

Yes, if you machine 1.8mm off the back of a road 11sp cassette you can fit it on the HG freehub. Or machine 1.8mm off the back of the freehub body. You might need to machine more material further out off the spider/biggest cog so the cog doesn't touch the spokes, but even then the chain could rub against the spokes.

Be warned that the SRAM PG-1170 11-36 11sp cassette appears to be a 11sp road width, despite the biggest cog obviously being large enough to be dished around the spokes of a 10sp wheel. Sunrace CSMS8 EAW as an 11sp 11-36 alternative?