how do i get my name changed

Battler

Likes Dirt
One thing thats become blatantly obvious is that riding is ALL about what others think of your bike. So much so, that there are dedicated threads about posting up your bike so others can bag / appraise it....

Anyone could go blue in the face telling me otherwise, but its pretty obvious to see, if you dont ride a bike deemed 'cool' by others, then you simply arent cool.
Really really sad to be honest, I thought it was about getting out with mates, getting dirty, trying something new and having a good time, but if you ride an STP, which for all intent and purpose is an extremley well valued bike targeted at a market where a budget is an issue, after all, for many of you its all about how much your parents shell out for your equipment.

For those that rely on working stupid shifts at Macca's, or have other financial commitments, the STP represents fantastic value for money, if that makes them so common, then Giant have excelled.

I ride an STP2, which is at the bottom of the STP rung - I ride it because for me, it was a 900 dollar piece of equipment that i'd ride every other day, I have a 2 year old daughter, a wife, debts, and 2 motorbikes to run including registration e.t.c, so for me, spending 3500 on something that a 900 odd dollar STP2 could do just as well for me was the smart thing to do.

For the haters out there, ever considered the above points? or is it simply that there has to be someone out there 'lower' than you to tease.

Over the past few weeks, ive seen some of the STP owners out there sell up, or become increasingly disgruntled with their bikes, I would attribute this simply to the fact they cop a lot of shit for their choice in bike - the Original poster captured this mentality in one -

So thats it huh? this is what its come down to, whats a 'cool' bike to own...something that cost 3 times that? is there any limit to what is cool and what is not?
This is one of the reasons im quitting DH, its all about who can rock up on the best bike to a certain extent and just the general atmousphere is just starting to fade away(and i just cant be bothered to fork out money for it).

I got nothing against an STP i think their great bikes, i dont even own one. Johnny's saying that having it part of the user name isnt fine (as a joke) but seriously its only a username, just change it for the guy he asked nicely and decently. When i made my username i had no idea thats what would pop up everytime i posted. I think you should be able to change it once after making it then not again.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I concur with DJ1wheel, your post shows thought and maturity, not childish lambasting!
You guys are soooooooo COOL!!! What great alias choosing skill you have!

Sure you don't want every kid jumping on the wagon, perhaps put a paragraph in sign up rules??

I'm sure when he/she signed up they were as enthusiastic about the sport and the rig they choose to enter the sport with as the rest of us. So they reflect that in an honest and open user name, now due the the stupid remarks on what is a great little bike, they want rid them selfs of the ridicule.

Just bloody pm the kid and let him change it, he's not asking to have sex with your sisters! :eek:

Now i must tend to my 4 and 6 year old, they are calling each other names like 'poo poo' and 'stp owner'. Sshhheeeeeeeeessshhhh kids.
"bring on the justifying thoughtless attacks!"
After giving your post some thought and honest reflection, I have decided that the only propper response I could make is; Oh boo farking hoo, poo poo head!

BTW, I can't change user names, I can only ridicule them.

Ned, I really wouldn't worry about it. People pay much more attention to the substance of your posts rather than the contents of your username. But, if you are still unsatisfied, PM Techno, Demo Man, Squid, Ryan, Scott or Ty. But I cannot vouch for a favourable response as they are all recovering alcoholics on the run fromt he law for people smuggling.

Poo poo head.

udi

swiss cheese
But, if you are still unsatisfied, PM Techno, Demo Man, Squid, Ryan, Scott or Ty. But I cannot vouch for a favourable response as they are all recovering alcoholics on the run fromt he law for people smuggling.
Maybe try toodles instead, he doesn't drink or smoke and is a devout christian.

LANO

Likes Dirt
After giving your post some thought and honest reflection, I have decided that the only propper response I could make is; Oh boo farking hoo, poo poo head!

Poo poo head.
Hahaha!!! I did say bring on the thoughtless responses,

Your poo poo! lol:eek:

J-ack

Banned
Poo poo head.
Ya mum.

OT: Think about it, the only people who think that STPs aren't cool are mountain bikers who know about the reputation etc. of each brand/model. When I talk to non riders about my bike they're always absolutely gushing about it. (I ride an STP2...)

Jack

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep. The bottom line is that they are farking great bikes. I really enjoy riding them and if I never need a cheap hard tail, I'm getting one. Might even change my username to .:j0hnNy_StP:. as well.

As I said, Ned, don't post crap and no one will think twice about your name.

Poo poo.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This is one of the reasons im quitting DH, its all about who can rock up on the best bike to a certain extent and just the general atmousphere is just starting to fade away(and i just cant be bothered to fork out money for it).
Sooooooo..........are you quitting DH because your idea of cool isn't the rest of the DH communities idea or are you giving it up because it is too expensive? Don't quit just because it isn't going your way dude, tough it out! Stick with it!

Farkin's useless fact number 169 - Dozer owns an STP. That's right! I own an STP and I have done for a long time. I'll challenge anyone to a headbutting contest if they want to brand me as a typical STP owner........even you JohnNy_STp_a_zoid.:p Big girl's blouse............