how do i get my name changed

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I believe you should be made to keep it until at least the end of June as punisment for creating it in the first place! :mad: :p

Ryno has the best avatar on Farkin.

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maybe next time choose a name you will be happy with for a long time? Who knows, you may even buy a different type of bike in the future!

ned_stp

Likes Dirt
i made my name BEFORE i found out that its not cool to own a stp.
and i didnt plan on buying a new bike at that point.

so who do i contact? which mod?

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt

So, you reason for wanting a change is because it's not 'cool'? That wont get you anywhere.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Give the guy a break. Atleast he has seen the error of his ways by typing his bike brand into his user name. He has been polite about it and even put himself up for public riducule.

I say grant him his wish, maybe make it Ned-not another STP :D

DJ1wheel

Likes Dirt

One thing thats become blatantly obvious is that riding is ALL about what others think of your bike. So much so, that there are dedicated threads about posting up your bike so others can bag / appraise it....

Anyone could go blue in the face telling me otherwise, but its pretty obvious to see, if you dont ride a bike deemed 'cool' by others, then you simply arent cool.
Really really sad to be honest, I thought it was about getting out with mates, getting dirty, trying something new and having a good time, but if you ride an STP, which for all intent and purpose is an extremley well valued bike targeted at a market where a budget is an issue, after all, for many of you its all about how much your parents shell out for your equipment.

For those that rely on working stupid shifts at Macca's, or have other financial commitments, the STP represents fantastic value for money, if that makes them so common, then Giant have excelled.

I ride an STP2, which is at the bottom of the STP rung - I ride it because for me, it was a 900 dollar piece of equipment that i'd ride every other day, I have a 2 year old daughter, a wife, debts, and 2 motorbikes to run including registration e.t.c, so for me, spending 3500 on something that a 900 odd dollar STP2 could do just as well for me was the smart thing to do.

For the haters out there, ever considered the above points? or is it simply that there has to be someone out there 'lower' than you to tease.

Over the past few weeks, ive seen some of the STP owners out there sell up, or become increasingly disgruntled with their bikes, I would attribute this simply to the fact they cop a lot of shit for their choice in bike - the Original poster captured this mentality in one -
So thats it huh? this is what its come down to, whats a 'cool' bike to own...something that cost 3 times that? is there any limit to what is cool and what is not?

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't say its not cool to own an STP, they're a pretty cool bike if you ask me. I just would want to have the stigma of _STP attachted to my username. I know it's prejudice but I find it pretty hard to take anyone with STP in their username seriously these days (no offense intended to anyone bearing those ostracized 3 letters).

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ned, you've got it all wrong.

Owning an STP is fine. However, having it as part of your username, DEFINATELY isn't!

:p

Jervis

Likes Dirt
I would like to make the same request.

The reason I want my username changed if because my current one is a silly nickname from awhile back that just isn't "cool" anymore... oh that a word. Anyway, my nickname isn't used anymore by all who know me and I wish to change it to my REAL name which I have on the pedalbite.com forums.

Take this thread for example: http://www.pedalbite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4653

It has been stickied and is used an average amount (despite the many users with STP in their name).

I was enquiring whether something like this can be established here on farkin if it isn't too much of a hassle for the moderators??

(PS. Fergus Burger to - Jervis.G would be good plz:confused::p)

mitchy_poo

Likes Dirt
hey, i have the same problem i would like my name change because i thought havin mongoose fireball as my name would be cool, because i was originally going to get a fireball but now im not so i would like to change it to just my name mitch.R.

And i have lernt that you should think about what you want youre name as before you write a bikes name or something stupid.
and i hope its not much of a problem to do.

so if you could may you change it for me if you do i would really apriciate it very much.

thankyou.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wont my name changd from rabatt to rabit couse i wasnt shore how to spel rabit, but then i werked it out (joking) lol,

thats about the most pointless post i have ever made anywhere!

please dont change my name, i like it.

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the four random numbers in my name should be changed to to racila riots held right next to my suburb but i like it and i chose so ill stick to it

cheers blake

its my postcode lol shireboy for life

LANO

Likes Dirt
Just asnwer the farkin question

I concur with DJ1wheel, your post shows thought and maturity, not childish lambasting!
You guys are soooooooo COOL!!! What great alias choosing skill you have!

Sure you don't want every kid jumping on the wagon, perhaps put a paragraph in sign up rules??

I'm sure when he/she signed up they were as enthusiastic about the sport and the rig they choose to enter the sport with as the rest of us. So they reflect that in an honest and open user name, now due the the stupid remarks on what is a great little bike, they want rid them selfs of the ridicule.

Just bloody pm the kid and let him change it, he's not asking to have sex with your sisters! :eek:

Now i must tend to my 4 and 6 year old, they are calling each other names like 'poo poo' and 'stp owner'. Sshhheeeeeeeeessshhhh kids.
"bring on the justifying thoughtless attacks!"

Last edited:

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the four random numbers in my name should be changed to to racila riots held right next to my suburb but i like it and i chose so ill stick to it

cheers blake

its my postcode lol shireboy for life
...What?
Seriously, dude most of posts make no sense