Hope Bulb Hub... Will It Fit Into Horizontal Drop outs??

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im going over to england soon.. and getting a front wheel with hope bulbs and a hope bulb rear hub seperate, my bike a horizontal drop outs(DMR Trailstar) will the hope hub in the 12mm bolt up mode,fit in the drop outs?

Have heard of ppl drilling out drop outs etc to get them to fit into verticle drop outs, so whats the deal with horizontal???

Thx

Rik

logged out
12mm boltup will fit, you'll just need to file out the dropout completely. There should hopefully be enough meat on the dropouts to cope.

naz

Criminally Inane
so u mean ur hope hub is 12mm bolt up, i dont think that will fit in horiz.
correct me if im wrong
but i had to drill my dropouts to run a hugi freeride 12 thru axle

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
nah your dropouts will be 10 mm. but thats only a mm top and bottom. easy done.

Rik

logged out
j5ive said:
I'd just think take 2mm off the lower edge of the dropout, and all will be good.

S.

ex offender
Rik said:
j5ive said:
I'd just think take 2mm off the lower edge of the dropout, and all will be good.
But then you lower the whole wheel by 1mm cos the centre of the axle is 1mm lower, and that will cause CATASTROPHIC FAILURE OF YOUR BRAKES and might cause shifting gremlins in your ears.

Rik

logged out
How loud is too loud?

Oh, and Socket, I think with horizontal DO's that lack sliding mounts, the bike comes stock with brake failure and shifting gremlins.

S.

ex offender
Rik said:
How loud is too loud?

Oh, and Socket, I think with horizontal DO's that lack sliding mounts, the bike comes stock with brake failure and shifting gremlins.
hahahahahahahaahahaa and automatic wheel removal via jump casing....

Rik

logged out
At least he's talking about boltup.
Running a QR on horizontal is a great way for your knee to get aquainted with your stem. Ouchies.

Rik

logged out
You'll need a hope compatible rotor at least.
From memory, Hope use metric rotor dimensions too, which means you'll have to fart about making brackets to mount other brakes to get the lined up properly.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
yeah the rotors are a pain in the arse, tryed to get one to work with a hayes and it just wouldn't line up (not quite 6 inch?) and getting adapters is near impossible.

naz

Criminally Inane
how loud is loud eh..not as loud as hugi freerides :p
drill the dropout it will be cleaner than filing 2mm and ull be there all day filing...just make sure u dril accuratly eachside