Hooks, skin and gravity. (lots o' pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollies

Cannon Fodder
Excellent work dude, once again a great first time suspension from a farkiner... i'd actually like to see you pull a big fuck off 4WD, i reckon you would enjoy that heaps.

I'd write more but i don't remember a whole lot from yesterday :(

When we get the pics back from the photog i'll hit you up with them.

aaronzor

Likes Dirt
wtf? how is that fun? that looks painful and stupid if u ask me, no offence but sticking hooks in ur back then getting hung by them dude wtf. thats insane geez

lollies

Cannon Fodder
GuRhInDiZzLe said:
what hurts most, the actual peircing or the suspension. those hooks look like at least half a centimeter thick

they're 4mm thick, i personally feel the suspension hurts more.. skin separation isn't very tickley.

aaronzor : why even comment? you're painful and stupid.

Last edited:

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Ouch!!!:eek:

Well it musn't hurt as much as I imagine it would.....

I have never seen anything like that before... learn something new every day :)

Is there issues with infection or muscle and/or nerve damage from the hooks???

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
No infection issues, all care is taken, no muscle or nerve damage because the hooks only go through skin and not muscle.

aaranzor said:
wtf? how is that fun? that looks painful and stupid if u ask me, no offence but
You call me stupid and then say "no offence".

Well, get fucked...........no offence of course. ;)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Nice work Johnny. I guess this sort of thing is more mind over matter? I've never had an interest in it but the whole idea of it is broad minded. How long does it take to insert and remove the hooks? Also, how long are you suspended? As I said, I've never had an interest in it but I suppose there would be some horror stories to go with this stuff, people hooking the wrong spot etc?
I think a photoshopped beard would've looked better dude.....

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Onya Mate. Keep the piccies coming, I love how it scares the kids off.

You could do with a shave but, that grey beard is getting a bit messy.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
:eek: Jeepers!!! and then i was like:
:cool: Thats kinda fun-looking...

I would usually say, "thats friggin crazy - wheres the logic etc". I can, however, see the interest/substance in doing something like this - pretty interesting, from an anatomical perspective.

May I ask you, Johnny (and others whom do cool things with hooks) why you enjoy doing this? Im quite intesested in the mentality of the whole thing.

treggs

Treggs Tuned
Certainly something different to try on the weekends... Certainly not my "cup of tea" though. I respect the ability to be able to do it but buggered if I even want to think about learning....:eek:

What sort of scaring and damage does it leave? Surely skin seperation does some sort of permenant damage?

What sort of pain level do you experience? I have broken a couple of bones recently (never broken any before) and I didn't think it hurt that much. I've experienced worse pain but certainly not by choice..

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Everyone has their own reasons really.

Myself, I have a number. First off I like being by myself. When you focus on something with all of your attention you kind of go inside yourself and this is relaxing for me. Stick some Nine Inch Nails or Tool on the iRiver and just kick back. It was a bit hard to do that with this one because of the audience. The actual feeling of the hooks going in isn't bad either. The smaller the hooks the less it hurts. My 8 gauge hooks where awesome when they went in. When you get blood taken, the needle doesn't really hurt, it's just a strange sensation. That becomes a really intense sensation when it's mulitplied. When you first take the weight it stretches and burns a little, but that goes away. You're left with a really intense type of pressure (sp) which is good to focus on and get into.

There's also the superficial side as well, it's shocking (hence why I post the pics here) it's a definate challenge and just a wild experience. And the first time I saw it I remember thinking, "woooow, that looks like serious fun" and always wanted a crack at it. Sure I could think up a few more reasons if I looked hard enough!

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
johnny said:
Everyone has their own reasons really.

Myself, I have a number. First off I like being by myself. When you focus on something with all of your attention you kind of go inside yourself and this is relaxing for me. Stick some Nine Inch Nails or Tool on the iRiver and just kick back. It was a bit hard to do that with this one because of the audience. The actual feeling of the hooks going in isn't bad either. The smaller the hooks the less it hurts. My 8 gauge hooks where awesome when they went in. When you get blood taken, the needle doesn't really hurt, it's just a strange sensation. That becomes a really intense sensation when it's mulitplied. When you first take the weight it stretches and burns a little, but that goes away. You're left with a really intense type of pressure (sp) which is good to focus on and get into.

There's also the superficial side as well, it's shocking (hence why I post the pics here) it's a definate challenge and just a wild experience. And the first time I saw it I remember thinking, "woooow, that looks like serious fun" and always wanted a crack at it. Sure I could think up a few more reasons if I looked hard enough!
All good reasoning, i reckon.

One reason that I find this interesting is because pain has, in the past, been used as a kind of therapy for treating ceretain ailments - nut I guess the pain subsides after not too long?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Hook us up man.

Hows the bubbles going Johnny?I had them up in my neck even.
Arrette did you go all trippy from not eating like me?Did you black out? Sorry I couldn't make it,I've been real busy and have no car or license so it's a bit hard. I'm keen to go up with you on that thing some time but.
Good work Johnny,how long were you up? Time goes fast hey.

Arete

Likes Dirt
My reasons for suspension is a) the challenge. The first time I saw a suspension I couldn't help but admire the person and think "I could never do that" However, it seems I can
b) The catharsis. I find suspension a physically and emotionally demanding experience. After a successful suspension I feel emotionally centred and cleansed. It's a confidence booster, and an emotional center.
c)Swinging around and feeling a sensation as close to levitation as I think you're going to get is fun.

Suspension leaves a small amount of scarring at and between the points subdermally. There are no other long term physical effects.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
No Skid Marks said:
Hows the bubbles going Johnny?I had them up in my neck even.
Arrette did you go all trippy from not eating like me?Did you black out? Sorry I couldn't make it,I've been real busy and have no car or license so it's a bit hard. I'm keen to go up with you on that thing some time but.
Good work Johnny,how long were you up? Time goes fast hey.
Actually I had hardly any bubbles at all this time. Think I was only up for about 6-8 minutes, was my first full suspension. I didn't do chin ups though :eek: I heard about that one, was pretty damn impressed too mate!!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I only weigh less than 70kg so I think you were probablly doing it a bit tougher,I also had 4x4mm hooks although apparently it's undecided wich is more painful.They hit me with"she did it" so I had to give it a go.If ever I get my footage on to VHS or the net I'll post up some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.