help with microsoft word

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Ok i have a quick question, it has always bugged me, sometimes it "just happens", and will stay like it when i open new documents, and sometimes i will be typing to look at my page to see it has happened. (refer to attached image, and the fact there is no "margin" top or bottom of either page)

The usual course of action is to just open up an older document, which i know is set out properly, and paste in my new document..
that is usualy, but at the moment, everything i open is turning out like this!

im pretty sure when i print (havnt tried), but i know print preview shows it to have correct margins top and bottom..

its just a pain in the arse when trying to set up what is on what page, as it changes the amount of text that is on a single page.

Attachments

tim_d

Likes Dirt
Not sure if this is what you're after but looks like it might be.
Move the mouse to the space between the pages and the cursor should turn into a little icon with two rectangles and arrows pointing up and down (tried to print screen it to show you but it wont print screen the icon).
Double click and the pages should move back to normal.

That fix it?

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Not sure if this is what you're after but looks like it might be.
Move the mouse to the space between the pages and the cursor should turn into a little icon with two rectangles and arrows pointing up and down (tried to print screen it to show you but it wont print screen the icon).
Double click and the pages should move back to normal.

That fix it?
oath it did!

cheers man, thats years of this stupid problem solved!!

niftydog

Likes Dirt
its just a pain in the arse when trying to set up what is on what page, as it changes the amount of text that is on a single page.
The 'hide white space' feature shouldn't change the margins of the page, it just hides them; what's on each page should stay the same. To have control over what goes where (and what stays there!) you need to use page breaks.