'Help needed - parents won't let me race'

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Parents like this suck. SUPPORT YOUR FUCKING KIDS.

They only grow up once, support they're sporting interests and do everything in your reach to help them in any way you can.

Sorry for saying that but it shits me, some parents need to take some pointers from mine or something.

kyleman

Likes Dirt
I say show them your riding at the local or something..
When they see your expierienced and arent going to kill yourself they might reconsider..and if you keep at it they will see how much you love it.

jamis7

Likes Dirt
i need some more assistance they are worried because i recently broke my collarbone on the track that i would race. bump

scampo

Squid
parents

hey their
I'm a parent with 3 kids.12,9 &6, that love doing everything i do, we do most things as a family ,downhill ,surfing, freediveing ,camping , fishing, boating, etc, try and get your parents involved helping out on race days or track building any thing, even servicing your bike
May be let them know or watch you ride /free ride at you local without getting injured ,prove to them that you can ride so that you can race in the same manner?:rolleyes:?? also i teach my kids that any competition or race is not about winning or losing its about having fun with your mates and staying safe cheers i hope i made a bit sense god luck it all takes time:):):)

Dicky

Punter God
nah i wasnt wearing any armor other then kneeshinies helmet and gloves
Not doing yourself any favours hey.

Still, maybe the time off the bike will get the brain going.

Thanks though, for providing such a textbook case of cause and effect. ;)

Last edited:

brenno_24

Likes Dirt
just tell them that if im wearing all this protection how can i possibly get hurt!? unfortunatley for me i always fall off and have gashes on my body but my parents eventually got used to it lol