good at photoshop? bored? help me?

Mojo

Likes Dirt
haha you guys are awsome, i seriously didnt expect this much help. thanks heaps, there all sick.

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
how do you guys get ps? do you all pay the $1000 or whatever it is to get it? is it worth it?

Last edited:

jamsta

Jamsta Grafix
Photoshop CS3
That is NOT the best version of PS, it's only the latest - and it's very very illagal you run a pirate version of the thing, which in turn makes it even more expensive for people like myself who must pay for it. Shame on you!

Around 85% of all functions you need in PS were available in version 2.5 [and most of those functions other than layers were in version 1], all the rest of the dribble is just bells and whistles, most of which bogs down your computer.

Although I run PS CS3 Extended, there is NO way in hell it's the best version. The best version was version 4.

Like I mentioned before, PS is NOT your answer for creating stickers on the cheap, Vector programs are what us pro's use.

Purt said:
how do you guys get ps? do you all pay the $1000 or whatever it is to get it? is it worth it?
You buy it, and YES it's worth it...

Last edited:

Viv92

Eats Squid
That is NOT the best version of PS, it's only the latest - and it's very very illagal you run a pirate version of the thing, which in turn makes it even more expensive for people like myself who must pay for it. Shame on you!

Around 85% of all functions you need in PS were available in version 2.5 [and most of those functions other than layers were in version 1], all the rest of the dribble is just bells and whistles, most of which bogs down your computer.

Although I run PS CS3 Extended, there is NO way in hell it's the best version. The best version was version 4.

Like I mentioned before, PS is NOT your answer for creating stickers on the cheap, Vector programs are what us pro's use.

After getting really into photoshop a while back I sort of agree with you. Even though CS3 was out a lot of people used PS 7. I reckon 7 was the best of the lot. Doesn't make your computer lag without 2gb of RAM. Dunno about 4, 6 was the lowest I used and I liked a few of the features in 7 (liquify is great when you know how to use it properly).

If you want to buy PS just get a second hand version like photo shop 7 or something. Much cheaper. The price of it new is ridiculous. You can score PS 7 on eBay for about $50 (I think....).

DINGUS

Likes Bikes
For all those that want to start to get into this sort of stuff and not fork out bundles of cash there is a program called Pain.net

It is quite a good free program and has many features and is sufficient for most until you start getting into some of the more advanced editing techniques. YOu should try it out.

http://getpaint.net

projectsplat

The film guy

you are making a lot of generalised assumptions there tiger.