Good 4x4/MTB/Fishing Camping spot Vic?

NS Capital Man

Likes Dirt
Looking for a spot for me and a few mates to have a bit of a quiet camp (1-2 nights) over easter although obviously most camp grounds will be busy around this time. Anyway here is a few criteria for the 'spot', in order of importance.

1. 1-2.5 hours drive from Melbourne
2. Relatively easy 4x4ing around the site (I'll be in a stock 4runner and my mate a stock disco td5)
3. Camp fires permitted
4. Nearby river, mainly for fishing but a plus if the waters drinkable after boiling
5. Somewhere to have a play on a freeride mtb

Thanks in advance guys, any helps appreciated

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Abbeyard is 4 hours and rubbish for mtb. Also the hills around Eildon are pretty unforgiving for new 4wd drivers.
Maybe checkout Sheepyard Flat or Howqua.
Personally I love Bright but it's outside your range.

Pineapple Flat or anywhere upstream of Sheepyard Flat. Rivers, campfires, lots of 4wd options and close enough to Buller.

NS Capital Man

Likes Dirt
We've decided to head up to murrindindi for a few nights, just have a couple of queries

Anyone know how much the fee's are?

And i know they're all gonna be busy but which camp ground is the best in the photo? Or does anyone know if there's any good spots not listed in the photo

okay the photos are too small but here's a link too the map, you have to scroll down a bit

http://www.depi.vic.gov.au/__data/a...FS0010-Murrindindi-Scenic-Reserve-Camping.pdf
Cheers

Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 4.31.43 PM.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Travis22

Likes Dirt
How about Erica, plenty of camping 4x4ing, fishing and riding in the area.

I havent taken the mtb up there yet but we've done lots of camping, fishing and 4x4ing over the years around there. I only recently discovered they have been developing a mtb park there so im keen to check it out in the near future.

Travis