Give Sutherland Shire a reason for an off road bike facility! Please Help Out

Mojo

Likes Dirt
how many people you got signed up so far?
not to sure just yet i'll have to check with trent who is running the site and keeping track of things! should be a fair few registered now but. i would like to have somewhere close to 200 to goto council with that are registered on the site, not including petitions, etc.

Onya Dude ... for taking the steps to highlight to council the needs of the community. Would definately travel out for a dedicated facility.

In terms of community support ... and as a suggestion, have you linked any of the comments / actions etc from the RNP MTB plan from a few years ago ... ie, I remember there being a fairly large body of work by locals highlighting community interests ... including track day volunteer programmes etc ... which unfortunately was ignored or not allowed by NPWS. (something related to all track work must be by NPWS employees). Given council doesn't have similar regulations (assumption), this community (both shire and Sydney MTB in general) volunteering program would give a bit of weight to your proposal.

Anyway, good luck and will definately be joining the club shortly.
yeh will get in contact with the RNP group, they will be a great help if they are interested, i hope they are. lol.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
yeh will get in contact with the RNP group, they will be a great help if they are interested, i hope they are. lol.
They (RNP) prolly wouldn't be all that helpful ? however, I remember finding all this info re minutes to meetings etc ... dating back to the public consultation phase of their bike access plan ... If tomorrow is a little slow at work, I'll see if I can find all the links ... I may also have some of the pdfs at work.

Pretty sure I stabled on all this stuff googling ... just incase I'm a little too slow getting back to you.

Mojo

Likes Dirt
They (RNP) prolly wouldn't be all that helpful ? however, I remember finding all this info re minutes to meetings etc ... dating back to the public consultation phase of their bike access plan ... If tomorrow is a little slow at work, I'll see if I can find all the links ... I may also have some of the pdfs at work.

Pretty sure I stabled on all this stuff googling ... just incase I'm a little too slow getting back to you.
nah not the RNP itself. there is a group that currently works with the RNP maintaining and working on the bike trails. i have been in contact with them before so i will need to find them again!

Hell yeah

This sounds great guys.
I've been riding in the shire for 15 years now and i've seen this council and the national parks and wildlife crush mtb as a sport in the area.
Good to see we are now fighting back you have my support 110%.