Give Sutherland Shire a reason for an off road bike facility! Please Help Out

Mojo

Likes Dirt
I am currently in talks with council and we have now reached the stage where they want to see community intrest in the project!

There are three things you can do to help out such a cause:

1) Register with SSMTB its free!
registration can be sent through;

http://www.ssmtb.com.au/application.html

2) By next week we are hoping to have petitions in most local bikie shops, these will be the shops around the sutherland shire area! it will require information like your name, a postcode of where your from and a signature

3) Show supprt through this thread. if we want this thing to happen we need to be able to show that the community wants this thing!

Please help out as much as possible, we may be looking at a complete facility including DJ's, XC and maybe a BMX track of 4X at this stage, with the potential of getting approval for a DH a lil later in the game.

I look forward to seeing everyones support!

Cheers SSMTB

Last edited:

jamesiscold

Likes Dirt
Woot, Nice going Brent. It seems that things are finally starting to happen a bit. Lets just hope everyone gives it their full support.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You got my support...

I dont live there anymore but ime Bourne And Bred in the Shire.
Ime in for Sure !!

Mojo

Likes Dirt
I'm not in the shire, but hey, my form says I am! :p
haha as much as i like to see your support we do need it to be somewhat realistic, there is no reason why you cant register with your addy, it doesnt mean you wouldnt travel to use the facility!

cheers guys!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grew up there, live elsewhere now, but still visit my parents a lot and try and ride.

Its amazing how such a large area with lots of suitable land hasn't got many legit places to ride.

Good luck. Signed up and will sign petition.

driftking

Wheel size expert
im in for sure.
i wish orcss was still up too bad it never got off the ground like we wanted it to.

theres already a picture of me on the site and i not even a member yet.

Mojo

Likes Dirt
im in for sure.
i wish orcss was still up too bad it never got off the ground like we wanted it to.

theres already a picture of me on the site and i not even a member yet.
haha this is orcss
this is also 2233mtb, we joined to form one club to satisfy more peoples needs

the two combined to solve one real problem in the southern sydney region, lack of legal trails...

this is where you guys come in! to help me prove to council that we do actually need this stuff

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
sweet,

Im already a member, and I will be signing the petiton as soon as it hits the stores!

Nicely done guys...

drewivison

Likes Bikes
i'm in.......... and by the way if you need help with anything conserning the club, I am more than willing to help. Goodluck and let me know if i can help with anything. Its good to see someone take some leadership, well done

driftking

Wheel size expert
haha this is orcss
this is also 2233mtb, we joined to form one club to satisfy more peoples needs

the two combined to solve one real problem in the southern sydney region, lack of legal trails...

this is where you guys come in! to help me prove to council that we do actually need this stuff

yeah sorry- i meant as in it didnt take off as well as it shoudl have originally.
sorry i should have explained what i meant.
i know the clubs merged i was just pointing it towards when we first started nothing really happened until now.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Tidy work, and well done for getting up and doing something positive.

I'm not in the area, but would use the trails if you are successful, so I'll stick my name down tonight.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome. Just joined! It might also be an idea to do an online petition or is it a lot better/more persuavsive if you actually have to sign it yourself.

Bacca

Likes Dirt
Well done for getting SSMTB out of the gate guys. This is great news.

Last edited:

Dug

Likes Dirt
Pleased to help I grew up in Jannali and still have many friends around the area.. Good work dude;)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Onya Dude ... for taking the steps to highlight to council the needs of the community. Would definately travel out for a dedicated facility.

In terms of community support ... and as a suggestion, have you linked any of the comments / actions etc from the RNP MTB plan from a few years ago ... ie, I remember there being a fairly large body of work by locals highlighting community interests ... including track day volunteer programmes etc ... which unfortunately was ignored or not allowed by NPWS. (something related to all track work must be by NPWS employees). Given council doesn't have similar regulations (assumption), this community (both shire and Sydney MTB in general) volunteering program would give a bit of weight to your proposal.

Anyway, good luck and will definately be joining the club shortly.