Getting to Sydney Airport with a bike box, know of any taxi companies?

Hey, I'm in need of some advice! I am travelling to Adelaide to take part in the Mutual Community Challenge, riding the Friday stage before the real cyclists in the tour down under come through. I need to get me and my bike (which will be boxed up) from Manly to Sydney Airport at 5am in the morning. I have no publlic transport options due to the time of the flight so am looking for a taxi company which will accommodate me and my bike without fuss. Anyone that you've used before or any suggestions would be helpful?
Cheers

Quency

Likes Dirt
Maxi Taxi will usually take a bike for you. Will probably cost a bit but. I would book it well in advance but just to make sure

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ride to the airport with the box taped to your back then box the bike up at the airport...

I did it once, head wind made the ride shit but it was ok for 6km; don't know how far it is from Manly to Syd airport though...

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Try Lime taxis Ph:13 64 53- there pretty good as far as taxis go, I use them a fair bit, they turn up when they say they will and actually have a clue what direction to head in- unlike some of the other numpties out there.

hugh0147

Likes Bikes
Ride to the airport with the box taped to your back then box the bike up at the airport...

I did it once, head wind made the ride shit but it was ok for 6km; don't know how far it is from Manly to Syd airport though...
headwind, your lucky bastard Purt.. Damn near impossible to carry with a side wind.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Best would be an up draft... shit would make you fly!

I'm sure you've got it sorted, but how are you gonna go about transporting the bike once you get to Adelaide?

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A bike box should fit accross the back seat of a falcon, but if in doubt just order a wagon - easier than getting a Maxi.

As for Lime, I swear that company is a front for something dodgy - they never pick up, just drive around pointlessly :mad: