Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

norco01

Likes Dirt
I love numbers:

Bodyweight:
73.5kg Bench: 80kg x5 (3sets) Squat: 100kg x2 (85x10) Deadlift: 130kg x5 (3sets) Military Press: 40kg x6 (3sets)
DBOR: 35kg x7 (3sets) Wide grip pullup: 15. All in one session tonight. Not sure of 1RM's.

BTW Norco01 you have some serious power! Great work dude.
Forgive my ignorance, DBOR? Solid stats though mate, 15 wide grip pullups is impressive! i think i've only managed 13 by memory haven't done a high-rep set in a while as i normally superset them after lat pulldowns (killer!). Very envious of your squat, legs are one thing i've never had and apparently they are the most genetically-limited muscle group, especially calves (which sucks cause mine are almost literally non-existant) Your lower back pump must be nuts after repping 130x5 3 times, my favourite pump by far.

edit - unfortunately though, power does not = size. My arms have barely grown in a year which is depressing, same with my legs. My back followed by my chest are my best features by far, just gotta work on the lats!

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Holy Santa Claus shit, Steve, how did you manage that all in one go?
Ahh not sure haha usually I have a good squat day or a good bench day etc. But today I was thinking about it all day. Got fully hydrated, went in and just went nuts. I reckon a big percentage is in the mind. I also pushed lunch back to 3pm and worked out at 6. May of helped. Did it all in an hour too + ab work. 30sec rests. No rest between one lift to the next.

Forgive my ignorance, DBOR? Solid stats though mate, 15 wide grip pullups is impressive! i think i've only managed 13 by memory haven't done a high-rep set in a while as i normally superset them after lat pulldowns (killer!). Very envious of your squat, legs are one thing i've never had and apparently they are the most genetically-limited muscle group, especially calves (which sucks cause mine are almost literally non-existant) Your lower back pump must be nuts after repping 130x5 3 times, my favourite pump by far.

edit - unfortunately though, power does not = size. My arms have barely grown in a year which is depressing, same with my legs. My back followed by my chest are my best features by far, just gotta work on the lats!
DBOR - Dumbell Bent Over Row. Sorry, wanted to keep the stats short lol. Yeh I've gone up alot in my squats, probably the biggest progression. I also ride XC alot. May or may not help, dunno. Deadlifts were hard though, I made noises. I love the fact that after repping them I'm sweating like a beast. Such an intense lift! Biggest pump comes from doing Military press supersetted with DBOR and pullups.

Unlucky about the size. More strength = More size keep lifting! lol

Last edited:

norco01

Likes Dirt
Ahh not sure haha usually I have a good squat day or a good bench day etc. But today I was thinking about it all day. Got fully hydrated, went in and just went nuts. I reckon a big percentage is in the mind. I also pushed lunch back to 3pm and worked out at 6. May of helped. Did it all in an hour too + ab work. 30sec rests. No rest between one lift to the next.

DBOR - Dumbell Bent Over Row. Sorry, wanted to keep the stats short lol. Yeh I've gone up alot in my squats, probably the biggest progression. I also ride XC alot. May or may not help, dunno. Deadlifts were hard though, I made noises. I love the fact that after repping them I'm sweating like a beast. Such an intense lift! Biggest pump comes from doing Military press supersetted with DBOR and pullups.

Unlucky about the size. More strength = More size keep lifting! lol
Far out 30 sec rests, your a machine. The XC definitely gives you an advantage in the endurance/fitness, im unfit as all fark! Yeah the size thing isnt of massive concern really, im content with being able to lift more than people in my gym who are physically larger than me, little confidence ego boost there :p

Out of curiosity, how old are you? Cool if you'd rather not say just curious. What gym do you go to in brissie?

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Far out 30 sec rests, your a machine. The XC definitely gives you an advantage in the endurance/fitness, im unfit as all fark! Yeah the size thing isnt of massive concern really, im content with being able to lift more than people in my gym who are physically larger than me, little confidence ego boost there :p

Out of curiosity, how old are you? Cool if you'd rather not say just curious. What gym do you go to in brissie?
Yeh I pretty much rest until I have my breath back, little more to think about the next lift and then into it. I'm thinking it burns alot more calories and helps the fitness. Lifting big ass weights never gets old! I'm not as strong or anywhere near as big as alot of people in my gym but then again, I've never seen anyone deadlift over 80kg and the highest squat I've seen is 110kg.

I'm 21 in 4 weeks. Train at Y-west. It's a pretty awesome gym, Fair size, minimal bro-lifters, a few impressive lifters and that smelly gym atmosphere lol. Wish it had a second power rack though, some days I have to skip squats.

Edit: haha I remember that episode! Euro training lol. Imagine the injuries???

norco01

Likes Dirt
Yeh I pretty much rest until I have my breath back, little more to think about the next lift and then into it. I'm thinking it burns alot more calories and helps the fitness. Lifting big ass weights never gets old! I'm not as strong or anywhere near as big as alot of people in my gym but then again, I've never seen anyone deadlift over 80kg and the highest squat I've seen is 110kg.

I'm 21 in 4 weeks. Train at Y-west. It's a pretty awesome gym, Fair size, minimal bro-lifters, a few impressive lifters and that smelly gym atmosphere lol. Wish it had a second power rack though, some days I have to skip squats.

Edit: haha I remember that episode! Euro training lol. Imagine the injuries???
Yeah id imagine your endurance for rides would be through the roof as well! Luckily my gym is the same, minimal bro lifters and some pretty strong guys who are always keen to give you tips/help you out if you need a spot or anything, will be so much better once it has a proper squat rack though!

We have an 18yo Croatian guy who can deadlift 210kg x3 and benches around 140kg. He's about 6'3' and around 9% bodyfat, and has only been training at a gym for about a year, before that he just worked out at home. Scariest looking 18 year old ive ever seen, but funnily enough one of the nicest too.

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
I bet I have the weakest stats haha!

I'm 85kg, 6'3 or so...

Squats: 60kg - 3x5

DL: 80kg - 1x5

Bench: 40kg - 3x5

Military press: 20kg - 3x5 (i.e. just the bar lol)

Bent rows: 25kg - 3x5 (I do them with dumbells...i.e. 25kg each hand).

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah id imagine your endurance for rides would be through the roof as well! Luckily my gym is the same, minimal bro lifters and some pretty strong guys who are always keen to give you tips/help you out if you need a spot or anything, will be so much better once it has a proper squat rack though!

We have an 18yo Croatian guy who can deadlift 210kg x3 and benches around 140kg. He's about 6'3' and around 9% bodyfat, and has only been training at a gym for about a year, before that he just worked out at home. Scariest looking 18 year old ive ever seen, but funnily enough one of the nicest too.
Yeh I get helpfull pointers from the more experienced ones. Really helps. Endurance has always been good but It's more the sprints that are better. I can power up a hill and get my composure back pretty quick.

Croation fella sounds like a freak! Pretty funny, there's one guy in my gym that I've seen bench 140, He was 6 foot wide but had the smallest chicken legs ever. So funny. He was in his 40's though so props to him.

I bet I have the weakest stats haha!

I'm 85kg, 6'3 or so...

Squats: 60kg - 3x5

DL: 80kg - 1x5

Bench: 40kg - 3x5

Military press: 20kg - 3x5 (i.e. just the bar lol)

Bent rows: 25kg - 3x5 (I do them with dumbells...i.e. 25kg each hand).
I started with the same weights. My bench was a little higher but same weights as those! Keep at it, train with consistency and reap the rewards :single_eye: Just for doing all those lifts, Your automatically stronger then alot of people haha. The school kids forget that power is generated in the legs.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also progress is usually pretty good from those levels (pending diet, sleep, etc.) and you can only go up!

norco01

Likes Dirt
Yep agree with the rest of them, I was benching less than 50 this time last year and could barely do a chinup. Work hard in the gym, eat lots, sleep lots and give it time. People get upset when they don't explode in size and strength in a month and give up - key factor in it all is time, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will your ideal body!

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Been doing supersets this week. Definitely my favourite way to shred some unwanted fat, especially with my bad knees at the moment. Been doing 3 day split and laying off the legs a little until I get my knees sorted out.

1 Back-Bi's
2 Squats-Shoulders-Abs
3 Chest-Tris

Have also bumped up reps to keep the heart rate up. This weeks stats

BW:80.0kg
Height: 6'0

Squats - 110kg x 8 x 3sets
Bench - 80kg x 8 x 3sets
Military - 50kg x 8 x 3sets
Wide chins - BW+10kg - 8 x 3sets

In another rant, since when does being massive equate to knowing a lot about form? I'm not going to lie, my form isn’t perfect, but does the roid munching bro who does 120kg squats with a pad, a belt and at only 3/4 range trying to tell me my squats are all wrong honestly think I'm going to take him seriously.

I miss my old gym.

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
First workout today with a new program (well, doing all the same exercises but changed sets and reps to 3x5). Probably didn't do as heavy as I could have as I was 'testing the water' but I think I got pretty damn close thanks to some good recommendations a while back from SteveO (and Chalkie maybe?)

Now for my numbers, nothing impressive but I'm happy with my progress so far.

Stats:
Weight: 76.5kg
Height: 5'11"

Squats - 80kg x 5 (3 sets)
Bench - 70kg x 5 (3 sets)
B/O row - 55kg x 5 (3 sets)
Deadlift - 90kg x 5 (3 sets)
Pullups - Bodyweight + 10kg x 8 (3 sets - Although I only made 6 on the last set)
Standing Military Press - 40kg x 5 (3 sets)
Chinups - Bodyweight + 10kg x 6 (3 sets)

That was my workout for this evening. Rest was kept to about 1 minute between sets (30 sec. between warm up sets) and only as much rest between exercises as it took to load plates.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
Stats/progress sharing, eh.

- - - - Start / Current (1RM's)

Height: 5'11 / 5'11
Weight: 67kg / 89kg
Squat: 60kg / 150kg
Deadlift: 70kg / 180kg
Bench: 40kg / 110kg
Mil. Press: 25kg / 70kg

Last edited: