General Geopolitics (for Armchair Generals)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, google the meaning of geopolitics and let us know when you're on the same page as the rest of the world.

Police brutality and localised militia's have little to no relationship to geopol, no matter how much your biases wish to spin things.

That ^^^^ pic is pretty fucking funny, though.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
johnny you do know that we are approaching the unifying singularity of human conciousness from our shared startdust genesis. And the government *insert conspiracy theory* Ferguson to *insert sinister illuminati new world order conspiracy* to distract the masses from something that is related to geopol. Checkmate.

Bermshot

Banned
Checkmate?
Correct johnny, no one in the above pic is worrying about global situations. Withstanding rubbish of again- conspiracy, the men and woman who stood watch over a community and prevented it from being flamed/robbed is what I call prevention.
Is this what is necessary for America to look after their own bak yard? I don't know, but they had better think of something like it before the rest of the world thinks of them as a bunch bullying cunts. Remember disparity, there are the People and then there is the rest.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I still have no idea why it's in a geopol thread and make sure you read what that middle sign says as I reckon that's actually a troll pic.

In regards to bullying, do you think what China is doing in the South China Sea is bullying? What about what Iran has been doing in Iraq to the Sunni tribes (the dynamic that gave space to IS to move across the border) or to the Sunnis in Syria or to the Kurds in their west?

What about Turkey, do you call what they have done to the Armenians and the Kurds bullying? What about Russia, how do you feel about what is happening in Ukraine and the Baltics, you call that bullying? How do you feel about France in New Caledonia, what about what the Tajiks do in the Pamirs and what Russia does in the Kurils? Is that all bullying too?

The way you tend to target the US suggests that you either are biased against the US given that you only chastise them (and Israel, I guess) for behaviours that are displayed by many states all throughout history. Or, that you are oblivious to what happens in the rest of the world and history.

Might want to check out nature as well, lots of bullying goes on from insects all the way up to elephants and whales. Almost seems like dominance by force is a natural way of things.....

Bermshot

Banned
image.jpg
I still have no idea why it's in a geopol thread and make sure you read what that middle sign says as I reckon that's actually a troll pic.

In regards to bullying, do you think what China is doing in the South China Sea is bullying? What about what Iran has been doing in Iraq to the Sunni tribes (the dynamic that gave space to IS to move across the border) or to the Sunnis in Syria or to the Kurds in their west?

What about Turkey, do you call what they have done to the Armenians and the Kurds bullying? What about Russia, how do you feel about what is happening in Ukraine and the Baltics, you call that bullying? How do you feel about France in New Caledonia, what about what the Tajiks do in the Pamirs and what Russia does in the Kurils? Is that all bullying too?

The way you tend to target the US suggests that you either are biased against the US given that you only chastise them (and Israel, I guess) for behaviours that are displayed by many states all throughout history. Or, that you are oblivious to what happens in the rest of the world and history.

Might want to check out nature as well, lots of bullying goes on from insects all the way up to elephants and whales. Almost seems like dominance by force is a natural way of things.....
Slick bro, even though you are not my brother. What you say is correct on the face of history. As iv'e said before gatekeeper.....tell us what you know and stop keeping the people in thrall CFR'nr.

I haven't brought any other "country' into it due to any aligned, as you know, are already aligned. Fuck semantics jhonny, fess what you know. No sorry, you must have said a promise not to say anything.

It's good you bought a new bike and worked out tubeless, where were you before that! In China learning Red so as to subvert a MTB forum,,,,Cunt.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
View attachment 303559

Slick bro, even though you are not my brother. What you say is correct on the face of history. As iv'e said before gatekeeper.....tell us what you know and stop keeping the people in thrall CFR'nr.

I haven't brought any other "country' into it due to any aligned, as you know, are already aligned. Fuck semantics jhonny, fess what you know. No sorry, you must have said a promise not to say anything.

It's good you bought a new bike and worked out tubeless, where were you before that! In China learning Red so as to subvert a MTB forum,,,,Cunt.
Ah yes, when you can't answer for yourself, obfuscate and counter-accuse.

You got nothin.

Beej1

snip... Fuck semantics jhonny, fess what you know. No sorry, you must have said a promise not to say anything.

It's good you bought a new bike and worked out tubeless, where were you before that! In China learning Red so as to subvert a MTB forum snip
Wait, wait .... Johnny is some all-knowing man-of-mystery super-spy posing as a forum mod? That's awesome with a capital awe.

And please explain the symbolism of 'man about to cut tongue of slain dragon' statue? I am literally clueless when it comes to symbolism and it's bugging me not knowing what the reference is.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Steering away from Bermshot's confused ramblings, I see Russia's in for hard times. The roubles plunged to it's lowest value since 1998, the country's teetering on the brink of recession with falling oil prices and western sanctions no doubt adding to the misery and now it's starting to kick off in Chechnya again with Islamic militants killing 10 police officers in a gun battle earlier in the week.

Putin is more or less claiming that it's all the west's fault and they would be facing sanctions under a flimsy pretence from the West even if they hadn't annexed Crimea because 'jealous much?' but I'm interested to see if he'll be able to hold on to absolute power for much longer

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
And please explain the symbolism of 'man about to cut tongue of slain dragon' statue? I am literally clueless when it comes to symbolism and it's bugging me not knowing what the reference is.
It came from the mind of Bermshot. For all we know it could be symbolic of the growing uncertainty over whether splitting the last Hunger Games book into two movies was a good idea or not.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Steering away from Bermshot's confused ramblings, I see Russia's in for hard times. The roubles plunged to it's lowest value since 1998, the country's teetering on the brink of recession with falling oil prices and western sanctions no doubt adding to the misery and now it's starting to kick off in Chechnya again with Islamic militants killing 10 police officers in a gun battle earlier in the week.

Putin is more or less claiming that it's all the west's fault and they would be facing sanctions under a flimsy pretence from the West even if they hadn't annexed Crimea because 'jealous much?' but I'm interested to see if he'll be able to hold on to absolute power for much longer
Whilst Russia is definitely under serious stress at the moment - you left out the fact that they are fighting tooth and nail to even hold just a sliver of Ukraine - I wouldn't cite the Chechyn attack as a great indicator of that. Of course, it's not a non-issue, but the militants have never ceased their actions in the Caucuses - Dagastan, Ingushetia, etc. etc. I know you're not unaware of the shitfight in the Caucuses, I'm just suggesting that an attack in Chech isn't something I'd see as a shift from the status quo, I'd suggest it's the status that's existed since the early 2000s.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
The falling rouble and oil price is definitely their biggest concern, the reemergence of the pesky Chechnya question is just a cherry on top of the icing. I made reference to it as it's merely the latest issue to flare up for Putin this week.

I'd also like to add that the inaugural Russian Grand Prix back in October was shite and the most boring race on the calendar but I'm not really sure if that's relevant just now

scblack

Leucocholic
I'd also like to add that the inaugural Russian Grand Prix back in October was shite and the most boring race on the calendar but I'm not really sure if that's relevant just now
I watch very little of F1 these days, but was it really more boring than the Abu Dhabi Aurora AFX track?

Geez, if it was more boring than that one that's pretty bad.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I watch very little of F1 these days, but was it really more boring than the Abu Dhabi Aurora AFX track?

Geez, if it was more boring than that one that's pretty bad.
To be fair the circuit shows a lot of promise but Pirelli cocked up by bringing tyres that were far too durable - the drivers could have gone the whole race without a single pit-stop if it weren't mandatory and Putin's attendance (and risk of protests over Ukraine / MH17) meant that tickets were only issued to very well behaved Russian nationals. The place had the atmosphere of a violin recital by Kim-Jong Un