Gemini finally finished (until new forks available)

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
An avy with steel spring is not that much heavier than a fifth with a steel spring. If you put a ti spring on the avy the weight differance is not that big. Both are much heavier than a fox. Both the avy and fifth have oversized bodies and springs.

An avy is designed for pedalling 2_fast_4_u!! It has high and low speed compresion adjustment just for that reason, so you can set it up as hard or soft as you want it. My super 8 doesn't bob at all when i stand up to pedal.

I've said my piece on the matter. I will never ride a fifth or fox after using an avy

L8R

Jordy

RYD4LF
sorry cave dweller ! but if avy's are as good as 5th's or betta then why do all the top racers and bikes use 5ths ? the only reason i thought they werent designed for racing is that ive only seen avalanche on freeriders bikes .... i went to 4/6 of the nationals this year and didnt see one im not saying there a bad shock (the manitous are bad but they still are on lots of bikes ) but its just i havent seen them

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2_fast_4_u said:
sorry cave dweller ! but if avy's are as good as 5th's or betta then why do all the top racers and bikes use 5ths ? the only reason i thought they werent designed for racing is that ive only seen avalanche on freeriders bikes .... i went to 4/6 of the nationals this year and didnt see one im not saying there a bad shock (the manitous are bad but they still are on lots of bikes ) but its just i havent seen them
they use 5th's because they are sponsered by Progressive suspension. Avalanche don't really sponser many if any?? riders, they just make really good shocks.

Jordy

RYD4LF
not really ... each bike brand gets the shocks cheap but not as "sponsorship" ... gt bicycles could get a 5th element if they wanted but they dont need them

Jordy

RYD4LF
if it was symply sponsorship from brand then whoever could give the bikes the cheapest deal would get it and i dont think that is how it works... it all depends on what the bikes are meant for , keewee bicycles use both fox Rc's and 5th elements ... i kno that they get there supplies of both shocks for there bicycles cheap but its not sponsorship

juzza

Likes Dirt
allright enough!!! Why dont you guys start your own topic? Avalanche VS Fifth Element?

This is proberbly really annoying CRUZ.

Jordy

RYD4LF
anyways

Cruz ... ive got a mate riding one of those bikes and he is getting the cedric gracia signature model swingarm giving it 9 inches travel... once you have your forks that would be another good upgrade

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
2_fast_4_u said:
anyways

Cruz ... ive got a mate riding one of those bikes and he is getting the cedric gracia signature model swingarm giving it 9 inches travel... once you have your forks that would be another good upgrade
I'd do a little bit more research. I currently own a Gemini, and the shock length is 200mm eye to eye with a 2inch stroke. The Cedric Gracia sig model (which i also play with on a daily basis) is designed to work with a 240mm eye to eye with a 3inch stroke. Plus it's 180mm travel. Far less than 9inches. Just helpin out!

Ty

Eats Squid
Cruz, a few questions you may be able to help me out with about the maveric fork.

1, since the legs are buldged between the top and bottom crown how do you adjust them for different sized head tubes?

2. does the proprietary hub come in different hole options? (32/36)

3. who is importing them into australia?

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
i cant wait to see those new forks !! they look sooooo nice !!

alll refined and shit.....