Gemini finally finished (until new forks available)

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Stinky, I did a deal with my Vanilla RC and paid the extra for the 5th. Less than a grand.

The guide has worked perfectly so far.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Stinky, I did a deal with my Vanilla RC and paid the extra for the 5th. Less than a grand.

The guide has worked perfectly so far.

Tankass

Likes Dirt
sorry to borrow ur thread.i can get the 5th element shock with ti springs for less than a grand.need no trade in.anybody wants?its brand new.just let me know the eye to eye and stroke.=) cheers.

Tankass

Likes Dirt
sorry to borrow ur thread.i can get the 5th element shock with ti springs for less than a grand.need no trade in.anybody wants?its brand new.just let me know the eye to eye and stroke.=) cheers.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Sorry to ruin the thread as well, but why would anyone want a fifth when they can get an avy for a couple of hundred bucks more, brand new?? :roll:

I've ridden both and the avy is way better than the fifth. The fifth is a little lighter and maybe bobs a little less but the avy rides sooooo much plusher, resist's bobbing and you don't loose any small bump sensitivty like the 5th or swinger does.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Pretty easy really.
5th is cheaper.
Delivered in 4 days of order.
Works very well.
Sold and serviced by the guys here in Brisbane, all parts available.
Fitted the frame very well without having to find somewhere to clamp on a remote reservoir.
Cost a lot less that a grand fitted with same bushes from Vanilla RC.
Checks with owners of both brands via the web was even as far as satisfaction, breakdowns, ease of setup etc.

Armed with all this made the choice of the 5th Element quite easy.
Now if the Avs were sold and serviced here in Brisbane then things may have been different, but I doubt it.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Fair enough cruz

But if you actually check the web about satisfaction and reliability the avalanche is way better that the fifth. Both are better than a fox RC anyway

An avy can be serviced by any motor bike shop.

Bushings come with the shock, just bolt it up

Not that big a deal to find somwhere for the res

L8R.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
I e-mailed quite a few owners in the USA and Europe about both shocks and listened to their good points and any problems they may have had.
As you said, both are better than the RC.

Jordy

RYD4LF
avy's arent designed for pedaling at all 5th elements are ! and the weight isnt really an issue .. avy's were purely designed for freeriders and if Crus here is a bit of a racer he will do faster times on a 5th element

Just my thoughts on the subject anyways