Four more years

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Go have a look at Youtube, and type in Obama Health Care Bill, this just the start. The RFID CHIP has already been implanted into some people for health care, security, and the move towards the cashless society, as some people in other countries already use their implanted chip for daily shopping. The chip has all your personal information on it, even how much money is in your bank account, and before any personal weak assed comments on my post, this is happening already.
There is plenty of info on this EVIL AGENDA, look for yourself.
[citation needed]

Arete

Likes Dirt
Look at youtube, put in Obama Care and there are lots of links to this topic.........just look.
Real people on the vids, and sources like the US News channel reporting on this subject, and other links or do you think all internet information is fake, or tinfoil and not accurate.
People can make up their own minds on this subject.
Meanwhile, the Republican party is the one that wants to mandatorily put a 6" wand up a woman's vagina and let your employer fire you based on whether they morally oppose medications you are prescribed by your doctor.
...So much for the "small government" argument, huh?

Having lived through my first US election living in the US, I was amazed at how dirty and nasty it was. Neither party had a monopoly on lies and manipulation, but at least where I live (the Northeast) the Republicans certainly seemed to be going for market leader.

And the more you think things have changed, the more they haven't.

RUDENESS

Likes Dirt
Meanwhile, the Republican party is the one that wants to mandatorily put a 6" wand up a woman's vagina and let your employer fire you based on whether they morally oppose medications you are prescribed by your doctor.
...So much for the "small government" argument, huh?

Having lived through my first US election living in the US, I was amazed at how dirty and nasty it was. Neither party had a monopoly on lies and manipulation, but at least where I live (the Northeast) the Republicans certainly seemed to be going for market leader.

Thank you for your imput Arete on what is happening in the US, and it seems from your experience both parties are as bad as each other.
There is a good chance I will be over there next year, maybe to live and I found the link to Obama's topic by accident.
Some on here may question internet accuracy on world events or the source of this information and that's fine.

Sic

Likes Dirt
Go have a look at Youtube, and type in Obama Health Care Bill, this just the start. The RFID CHIP has already been implanted into some people for health care, security, and the move towards the cashless society, as some people in other countries already use their implanted chip for daily shopping. The chip has all your personal information on it, even how much money is in your bank account, and before any personal weak assed comments on my post, this is happening already.
There is plenty of info on this EVIL AGENDA, look for yourself.
Hey do you have a phone, or a credit card or an email address? Do you get onto internet forums? Have a facebook page?

Guess what, all your personal information is already available to anyone who knows where to look. Got your location services turned on in your smart phone? Well they know where you are too.

If you're so concerned about evil big government conspiracies the only solution is to live off the grid in a shack on a hill with a tin foil hat. Off you go then.

Arete

Likes Dirt
Thank you for your imput Arete on what is happening in the US, and it seems from your experience both parties are as bad as each other.
No, that's the opposite of what I said. The republican party were considerably worse.

E.g. Linda McMahon was the CT GOP senate candidate. As CT is a strong blue state, she leafleted our neighborhood posing as an independent, suggesting that you vote a split ballot for her and Obama.

Imagine if a Liberal candidate for the senate in a safe Labor seat posed as an independent and get you to vote Labor for your MP (i.e. against their own party line) but for them in the senate as an "independent" (when they're actually a Liberal). It would bring Australian politics to a new low in terms of dirty election tactics, IMHO.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
it seems from your experience both parties are as bad as each other.
They're really not, and I wish people would stop this lazy false equivalency bullshit.

The Democratic party are by no means perfect, but saying "they're both as bad as each other" is like saying that breaking your toe is just as bad as having your foot cut off.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Apart from that the republicans came from the north and the southern democrats wanted to secede. But I guess that actual attitudes of the people haven't changed all that much huh..

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
If I was a woman, I would so want to gay marry Rachel Maddow:

[video=youtube;SVwXA7sHUlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwXA7sHUlE[/video]

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
One surprise is that Romney lost Pennsylvania. Apparently the Amish thought that he was a bit too 'behind the times.'

Not mine. I heard it from Ricky Gervais

moorey

call me Mia
If I was a woman, I would so want to gay marry Rachel Maddow:

[video=youtube;SVwXA7sHUlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwXA7sHUlE[/video]
I'm considering a sex change. I wait on her podcasts with baited breath. THE best political commentator on earth.

Last edited:

RUDENESS

Likes Dirt
Hey do you have a phone, or a credit card or an email address? Do you get onto internet forums? Have a facebook page?

Guess what, all your personal information is already available to anyone who knows where to look. Got your location services turned on in your smart phone? Well they know where you are too.

If you're so concerned about evil big government conspiracies the only solution is to live off the grid in a shack on a hill with a tin foil hat. Off you go then.
Hey thanks for trying to enlighten me with the Big Brother watcher view, I am already aware of this, but good on you for trying.
As for living of the grid, I have a property in Goldie Hinterland with access to 200+ arces for DH, MOTO and fun for my kids, 20 minutes from Cooly airport and surfing beaches.
I work from home and like not being stuck in a shit hole BIG CITY traffic jam, as I have lived that way before, and yes my Tin Foil hat helps keep the hot sun of me, but I would not trade it for a beanie, and the miserable cold climates of the south.
Off I go then, the points are pumping.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
I don't see what any of that has to do with living off the grid. You live within a 20 minute drive of the coast. So what, 90% of the Australian population live within an hour of the coast. You work from home? You are probably more reliant on "The Grid" than someone who drives an hour each way to drive a forklift around a warehouse for 8 hours a day. You have medicare, a driver's license, a bank account and a mobile phone? You are part of it, dude!

So, which governments, and which corporations are implanting (forcibly or otherwise) people with RFID chips to pay for their groceries?

Arete

Likes Dirt
So, which governments, and which corporations are implanting (forcibly or otherwise) people with RFID chips to pay for their groceries?
The other elephant in the room with this conspiracy is that an RFID chip doesn't store information. What an RFID is, is equivalent to a barcode, or identification number. We use them all the time in wildlife research to identify individuals. To be of any use as a recording device the RFID barcode has to link back to a database which stored all this information on you... Like your social security/tax file number, or medicare number, or credit card number, or vehicle registration, or passport number, or driver's license number, etc. already does.

Forcibly inserting RFIDs in people would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Both the US and Australian governments, along with corporations and banks already store information on us, they already assign us with identification numbers and get us to carry around devices to link us to that data. For the most part, we do it happily as it is convenient and makes our lives considerably easier. There is absolutely no reason that any government would want to spend ridiculous amounts of money "tricking" people into getting RFID implants that do something they already do willingly.

Bermshot

Banned
The other elephant in the room with this conspiracy is that an RFID chip doesn't store information. What an RFID is, is equivalent to a barcode, or identification number. We use them all the time in wildlife research to identify individuals. To be of any use as a recording device the RFID barcode has to link back to a database which stored all this information on you... Like your social security/tax file number, or medicare number, or credit card number, or vehicle registration, or passport number, or driver's license number, etc. already does.

Forcibly inserting RFIDs in people would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Both the US and Australian governments, along with corporations and banks already store information on us, they already assign us with identification numbers and get us to carry around devices to link us to that data. For the most part, we do it happily as it is convenient and makes our lives considerably easier. There is absolutely no reason that any government would want to spend ridiculous amounts of money "tricking" people into getting RFID implants that do something they already do willingly.
Absolutely spot on Arête except one thing! It is our right to move freely through our world, to meet brethren anywhere that is our desire, not just family blood but blood of the human race! Why? Um.... truth?And I know that we are tracked, but why?
OK Arête, this isn't at you.
You! some peeps scream Democracy! And then say, yeah it would be cool to have a chip in my arm because then I wouldn't need a wallet. Do you know how stupid you's sound?

Seriously stupidness = duunkoffs.

Jeez, I realised we are still on 4+ yrs thread! This ain't the place

Last edited:

Arete

Likes Dirt
It is our right to move freely through our world, to meet brethren anywhere that is our desire, not just family blood but blood of the human race!
Err... no it isn't.

You need a passport/visa (i.e. government permission) to travel to any country. All the governments I know of both monitor the movements of individuals into and out of their country, and reserve the right to deny individuals access.

In fact, the conservative side of politics in both the US and Australia would like more control over the movement of people across their borders.

You! some peeps scream Democracy! And then say, yeah it would be cool to have a chip in my arm because then I wouldn't need a wallet. Do you know how stupid you's sound?
The point is an RFID chip is simply a barcode which would link to a database. Aside from being a giant PITA to implement, it wouldn't really be much different to issuing people with a driver's license. Given the vast majority of people happily carry their driver's license with them there would be no advantage to RFID chip implants for the government. The privacy issues surrounding databases of private information already exist and wouldn't change because a chip was used rather than a card in your wallet - i.e. who can look up your information based on your driver's license number.

Calling and RFID implant "stupid" and considering having a driver's license on you fine is rather self contradictory.

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
Back on topic, I'm glad the Democrats have another four years in power. Hopefully this time the Republicans won't frustrate the passing of policy as much in Congress. It's easily forgotten it was the Republicans who presided over GFC. The trouble in America and the world for that matter, is the GFC was preceeded by one of the longest booms and certain economies around the world will remain stagnant for some time, ie they won't be repaired in 2-3 years it may take 5-10 for some.

Medicare in Australia is not perfect but if your are sick in Australia you will get help and if you can't afford it the system picks up the bill. Healthcare is a right not a privilege for those who can afford it. It beggars belief the Republicans would not want a health system in place for all Americans, they are too far down the road of capitalism.

The other problem for America is they are a consumer based economy, if people don't have the money to spend the economy will suffer and there isn't the manufacturing sector the fall back on. I hope American and Europe can get back on their feet but it will certainly take time.