FOUND

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
As the title suggests, I would like to purchase some 12x142 dropouts for a 27.5 spitty.
2017+ Year model.
Price? New ones from MTB direct are $140.
Cheaper would be ideal ;)
Can swap non-boost for boost set when the frame arrives.

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Glad you snapped it up @Ultra Lord, my ruminating saved me from a frivolous expense, a crowded garage and a difficult conversation with the missus...

Looking forward to your PYR.

Nambra

I'd have been more tempted in either frame had they been mediums or larges. I'm an XL size but was looking to collect some parts together to build up a decent dually for my son. Dare say he'll end up being an XL once he's done sprouting, but he's only 12 at present and I'd like to see him on a bike sooner. A M/L spitty would have been perfect...

Ultra Lord

I'd have been more tempted in either frame had they been mediums or larges. I'm an XL size but was looking to collect some parts together to build up a decent dually for my son. Dare say he'll end up being an XL once he's done sprouting, but he's only 12 at present and I'd like to see him on a bike sooner. A M/L spitty would have been perfect...
The things I’d have done for spitfire at 12......... Shame he’s too short for an xl though, I have a XL reign I’d have given you for postage costs.

Honestly I think I will hang on to the scout. Might slowly build it up to be a short travel dirt jump/free ride bike pink poode style. Should be good.

Nambra

Yeah, perhaps a bit indulgent for a kid; just trying to channel @moorey's inspirational work with his boy Felix. Except in my case I'll need to ensure there's an iPad mount on the bars.

Keep the scout - you'll regret selling it the moment you do!

moorey

call me Mia
11 years old was the perfect time for a small Spitfire. By 13, a medium is right on the money, allegedly.

Nambra

Nice! Definitely no gender bias in your clan. We could be looking at the next Tracey Hannah there.

moorey

call me Mia
Only the older model ones...and while not being used currently, the daughter will go 27.5 at some point soon. Sorry.

Ultra Lord

How do we delete these WTB threads?

Ordered some spacers to get my mtb direct order up to free shipping. No need to fit dropouts now.