TAS FOUND - -thanks/

rone

Eats Squid
ITEM: Small aluminium DJ/4X frame. 135x10 rear spacing. Disc brake.
PRICE RANGE: Lets see what you've got. Obviously a Tazer HT is worth more than an STP, condition dependent.
EXTRA INFO: Building up a bike for my son. His older brother rides a Yeti DJ with 24"wheels. Hoping for something similar. No STPs. Nothing thrashed. No dents or cracks. Already got him a Trailstar LT, but it's a bit big and hefty for a kids bike. Happy to swap that if you're keen.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I saw something nice on eBay yesty. I'll see if I can find it. Complete and God condition with nice parts for $450, from memory

rone

Eats Squid
Consider steel? Or committed to an old beer can?
Old beer can is preferable as it's light. Finding one that's not flogged however...

Quality chromoly is always an option. No boat anchors though, and needs to be smaller than the Trailstar.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Old beer can is preferable as it's light. Finding one that's not flogged however...

Quality chromoly is always an option. No boat anchors though, and needs to be smaller than the Trailstar.
STPs are like arseholes, its all you'll find on facebook.....saw a steelie advertorialised somewhere, just can't remember where. I'll have a think, probably come to me while I'm on the can. I have a steel FireEye, 24" though, and the geared dropouts need some hacking to work.

I'd offer you my Evil faction, but have just decided to gear it and turn it into a 4X/BMX track *smasher.

*while the bike will be capable of smashing it, I will not.

rone

Eats Squid
STPs are like arseholes, its all you'll find on facebook.....saw a steelie advertorialised somewhere, just can't remember where. I'll have a think, probably come to me while I'm on the can. I have a steel FireEye, 24" though, and the geared dropouts need some hacking to work.

I'd offer you my Evil faction, but have just decided to gear it and turn it into a 4X/BMX track *smasher.

*while the bike will be capable of smashing it, I will not.
Define 'hacking'?

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
It has hozzy dropouts with sliding adapters. The single speed ones fit in the frame slots and I think have a 10mm axle, the drops with the hanger are slightly larger than the slots, and have a 14mm axle. So the part that fits in the frame needs to be machined down and the axle hole bushed. (the axle sizes could be reversed, I'll confirm when I get home.) the dropouts are also bolt thru, so you'd need a compatible hub. On the plus side, a 26x2.3 maxxis high Roller fits with the dropouts wound right out. I'll get some photos and accurate dimensions if you're interested. BMX BB but I have fitted a BMX to BSA bolt through adapter.