NSW [FOUND] Shimano XTR Shifter 11 Speed

Scotty675

Cable thief
I hear you. Or do what I've done. This probably should be in another thread.
I have always just thrown my spares in big plastic tubs. New stuff stays in box on shelf. I tend to leave the boxes till there is enough to go to recycle bin. One day I decided to clean up, few parts went in said unused boxes. I threw a heap of boxes. Yep xtr 10speed shifter gone, xtr 9000 levers gone.
This wasn't discovered till months latter. Parts gone. I wonder if they recycled them

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I hear you. Or do what I've done. This probably should be in another thread.
I have always just thrown my spares in big plastic tubs. New stuff stays in box on shelf. I tend to leave the boxes till there is enough to go to recycle bin. One day I decided to clean up, few parts went in said unused boxes. I threw a heap of boxes. Yep xtr 10speed shifter gone, xtr 9000 levers gone.
This wasn't discovered till months latter. Parts gone. I wonder if they recycled them
Ouch, I bet that one stung when the light bulb went on.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Ouch, I bet that one stung when the light bulb went on.
Oh yeah, that hurt. I was as disappointed as you will be when your shifter arrives. I forgot your cable cap. Really sorry.
I made up for it and sent isaakk 2. I even tried to send an anodized a purple one, didnt realy work though. Used the daughters textas to colour it in but it only stuck to my fingers. That's what you get for trying

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Oh yeah, that hurt. I was as disappointed as you will be when your shifter arrives. I forgot your cable cap. Really sorry.
I made up for it and sent isaakk 2. I even tried to send an anodized a purple one, didnt realy work though. Used the daughters textas to colour it in but it only stuck to my fingers. That's what you get for trying
I am so outrage right now.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, if you did indeed sent me two Scotty, chuck me an address coke & will post it over when it rocks up.

**may include other unsolicited goods

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I don't think the 12 speed XTR shifter in '11 speed' mode will work with a regular 11 speed cassette/11 speed RD. For the XTR 12 speed group there is also an 11 speed cassette but it is like the 12 speed cassette with the biggest cog left off. So I think it is 11 speeds @ 12 speed spacing. Maybe Duckmesiter knows for sure, but I'd exercise care if anyone thinks they can swap out an 11 speed XTR shifter with an XTR 12 speed with the 11 speed switch flicked.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I don't think the 12 speed XTR shifter in '11 speed' mode will work with a regular 11 speed cassette/11 speed RD. For the XTR 12 speed group there is also an 11 speed cassette but it is like the 12 speed cassette with the biggest cog left off. So I think it is 11 speeds @ 12 speed spacing. Maybe Duckmesiter knows for sure, but I'd exercise care if anyone thinks they can swap out an 11 speed XTR shifter with an XTR 12 speed with the 11 speed switch flicked.
Correct, it's not compatible with older 11spd groupsets as it uses a cutdown 12spd XTR cassette.