Forrest Festival 2011

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Took it to the Mavic tent at the next race (they saved the hub but new rim, new spokes) and they built up a new wheel on the hub in about 5 minutes, tuning it by ear by "playing" the spokes. Very impressive to watch (but I suspect it wasn't the first wheel they'd put together) ...
I think I'd like that job. But I'm picturing myself playing tunes on the spokes, dueling banjo style. Cue the redneck banjo music please.

jamespierce

Likes Dirt
I said it to Norm and Russ in person on the weekend, but I'll say it publicly here as well. Thank you so much gents for a unique and incredibly smooth and well organised event. Thanks to all the people who helps make it happen. We will be back again for sure. It shouldn't be legal to have this much fun on a bike.

macboy

Likes Dirt
Still smiling, on 364 days until next year!!!

It shouldn't be legal to have this much fun on a bike.
I couldn't agree more, what an incredible weekend. I think I've found my new favourite race format :D

I couldn't stop grinning for most of the event, even 30km into the 50km hurt fest I still caught myself wooping it up when I nailed things right. Hell, I was still laughing after casing myself like a noob after the flying finish of Red Carpet sliding along wet grass on my back, I think I was laughing before I hit the ground :D
Pinning it on my HT running Crossmarks in the pooring rain down Red Carpet certainly was heart in mouth stuff but totally awesome :fear:

To me this event hit the perfect mix of healthy competition and great fun. Plus you get to catch up and make friends with the guys you're racing against during the breaks making it more fun when racing rather than racing a bunch of strangers.

jamespierce

Likes Dirt
+1 to stage racing format.

Now we just need to see all the awesome photos the photographers that seemed to be everywhere were taking !

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
+1 to stage racing format.

Now we just need to see all the awesome photos the photographers that seemed to be everywhere were taking !
Photos of stage 1,2&3 will be uploaded tonight ready for viewing in the morning.

We had two photographers but one was really only there for magazines. I'm sure there will be lots of images of everyone.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Photos of stage 1,2&3 will be uploaded tonight ready for viewing in the morning.

We had two photographers but one was really only there for magazines. I'm sure there will be lots of images of everyone.
hey norm, where will the pics be uploaded to?

btothec

Likes Dirt
Now here is a quick turn around! Looks like Norm has already started getting things organized for next year and has just announced the date for the 2012 Forrest Festival.

December 1st & 2nd 2012

With entries opening in August 2012

Make sure you pencil those dates into your diary because I'm well and truly sure next years will sell out with all these rave reviews.

NickL

Cannon Fodder
More praise for the FF Crew

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of praise for Norm and the whole FF crew. The event was seamless, absolutely nothing went wrong and the vibe was fabulous.

Riding was great and vibe was better - its amazing the difference that little things like giving prizes to the guy who came in the middle of the field and to the bloke who gave another rider his multi tool and chain link made. We had a group of eight, and a straw poll showed that eight would be back next year. Accom already booked !