Forrest Festival 2011

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Just spent the weekend riding the trails that will be used in the Forrest Festival and I have to say..... SWEET!!! All you peeps who are thinking about entering DO IT! Its going to be F'ing rad!!!!

Timmy!!!

Likes Dirt
Just spent the weekend riding the trails that will be used in the Forrest Festival and I have to say..... SWEET!!! All you peeps who are thinking about entering DO IT! Its going to be F'ing rad!!!!
Like my Dad said the first time I rode a bike: "Shred the nar!!!"

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the update Norm.

I haven't ridden Forrest since the OO of 2010, so I'm as keen as mustard.

Can someone who has ridden them recently please let me know if the trails are good for a hardtail, or will Mr Bum need some cush. I remember them as nice and twisty, but relatively smooth. Then again I'm old, slow, and fat, with a failing memory.

Thanks heaps fellas, J

Looks sick and should be perfect for my new pivot mach 4 :D

Over 2 days, so im guessing you need to organise your own accommodation for the 26th?

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Looks sick and should be perfect for my new pivot mach 4 :D

Over 2 days, so im guessing you need to organise your own accommodation for the 26th?
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...l4705l0l6347l20l12l0l0l0l0l537l1406l4-2.1l3l0

"Thanks for the update Norm.

Can someone who has ridden them recently please let me know if the trails are good for a hardtail, or will Mr Bum need some cush. I remember them as nice and twisty, but relatively smooth. Then again I'm old, slow, and fat, with a failing memory.

Thanks heaps fellas, J"

If you are in for a podium = hardtail

If you are in for fun = dually

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...l4705l0l6347l20l12l0l0l0l0l537l1406l4-2.1l3l0

"Thanks for the update Norm.

Thanks heaps fellas, J"

If you are in for a podium = hardtail

If you are in for fun = dually
Thanks mate, dually it is. :)

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
Love Norm's comment at 11:20 "You get to the bottom, you know you've ridden downhill but you're generally pretty fucked."

Gold!.
I just want to set the record straight.

We just got the original audio track from my iPhone and I can confidently clarify now that I did NOT SAY the F Bomb.

Rather I said PUFFED! Phew I'm so glad I didn't say what it clearly sounds like I did say.

Thanks Tim... ya bugga!

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Trail maintenance

come on Mr weather man! lets keep it sunnnnnnny!!!! :) :) :)
There has been more trail maintenance this year than any other year since the trails were built. :clap2:

There will be no damage to the trail network, regardless of what the week brings.

It may be overcast but the chance of rain impacting the event itself is very low.

Regards

Roland

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
As I've needed to test out a few of the courses and timing etc... I've had the tough job of having to ride Red Carpet about 10 times over the past week... yes I know it's a tough life.

There will be a few minor changes to the proposed timing/start procedure for stage 2 & 3. This is mainly due to the lack of a reliable data connection between the top and bottom of the climb.

What this will mean is more reliable results and that your finish position of Stage 1 will also determine your start order for stage 2 & 3.

More details will be emailed out tomorrow.

Oh and the trails are in TIP TOP condition. We've been pruning lots.