For all CrankBrothers fan boys

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
iv'e got egg beaters on the canondale and they've worked flawlessly for 2.5 years so one thumbs up
unfortunately the spring tension has crapped itself and you can't fix that so one thumbs down
so their score is........ 0 :laugh:
Actually not completely correct. The one up side of using CB pedals is that you will very quickly accumulate lots of spares. Have successfully replaced nearly every part on eggbeaters and Candies...

mxracer92

Likes Dirt
im relatively new to mtbing , i have some cb iodines on my stumpy 29r .. i must a squid (joey) cause i havent seem to have done any damage to mine yet. ive done 1000odd kms of rocky rough kalamunda circuit. now reading this i feel embarrassed to have them on my bike ..

moorey

call me Mia
im relatively new to mtbing , i have some cb iodines on my stumpy 29r .. i must a squid (joey) cause i havent seem to have done any damage to mine yet. ive done 1000odd kms of rocky rough kalamunda circuit. now reading this i feel embarrassed to have them on my bike ..
Some people have had brilliant experiences with then, so don't sweat it. I hear they need regular maintenance, so look after them until they die, but repair time is when they may come back to bite you on the arse. You'd hope to do 1000km without an issue on any wheel, so good luck with them. Maybe look into a spare spoke or 2 in advance if you plan to keep them, rather than potentially being out of action waiting for spares to arrive.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Talk about a rough era for downhill mountain biking. It's like there racing on road bikes. High seat, wafer thin wheels. The riders did get up from a few tumbles that I wouldn't have, that's for sure.

one dude had a disc wheel! :wacko:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Nah, you gotta embrace the hate. I have a set of Cobalts, they match the frame they're vaguely attached too, provide forward momentum in conjunction with pedaling and look awesome. For a fully paid up member of the wanker club like myself these are all very important things. Best of all, they're 29er. I can literally feel the hate radiating from riders on 26ers as I overtake them because their wheels are too small*

Best of all, you attract attention like shit attracts flies. Excellent when posing your bike in the pub garden post ride, less great when you're pansying your way down an unknown trail looking like an "all the gear no idea" gumby.

*http://reviews.mtbr.com/viral-video-how-to-be-a-mountain-biker (step 23: choose your favourite wheel size, and be a dick about it).

dunndog

Eats Squid
I had to stop for breath and to wipe the tears from my eyes more times than when climbing trails at my local, insanely funny shizz!!

Happy New Year all!!