Fixable?

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Hey my wife has a hybrid gravel bike. It's 10 years old but it's only been ridden a dozen times (previous owner rode it once, nearly got hit my a bus and never rode again) anyway since I scored it a few months ago I've put new tyres, brakes and chain on it and it goes really well except the front wheel. When she applies the v-brakes with any significant force it makes a loud clunk sound where the alloy wheel joins up with itself. Attached a pic and it's not as bad as it looks. Running your finger along it you can barely feel it but it's annoying to ride. Any hacks for fixing it? I tried giving it a light sand but no improvement. Or is it just easier to buy another wheel?

Attachments

Lucaw

Next in line
Hey my wife has a hybrid gravel bike. It's 10 years old but it's only been ridden a dozen times (previous owner rode it once, nearly got hit my a bus and never rode again) anyway since I scored it a few months ago I've put new tyres, brakes and chain on it and it goes really well except the front wheel. When she applies the v-brakes with any significant force it makes a loud clunk sound where the alloy wheel joins up with itself. Attached a pic and it's not as bad as it looks. Running your finger along it you can barely feel it but it's annoying to ride. Any hacks for fixing it? I tried giving it a light sand but no improvement. Or is it just easier to buy another wheel?
turn the wheel around? that way it won't run into the ledge when it spins around.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Highly unlikely to be a loose joint. Although a fairly crude design, I've only ever seen pinned joints (as this is) separate under extreme trauma. Due to the way the rims are manufactured there is almost always a very slight misalignment at the seam, which levels out as the rim wears from braking. If it is a bother, you can take the tyre off and carefully squeeze the sidewalls to bring the ends more in line.