First long weekend of spring - how will you spend it?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Ha Idid get some good natured booing on the plane. Hostie asked me if I was alright on the way back must have looked a bit somber! Hopefully get to hit the dirt today that'll make me happy again :)
When you started kicking backwards, it was lost. Just hate it, protecting a lead, loses so many games.

Did you get a ride in? Hope so.

We did.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Spent the afternoon riding in the quarry of doom. Unfortunately the ride was cut a little short when I had a bit of a crash. On one of the lines there is a bit of a rock garden with a small drop of about 1m in the middle. Approaching the drop I mistimed something and ended up off line and heading for a tree. I've pulled the brakes on and gone to put a foot down. Well of course there as no ground for me to put my foot and the panic began!

I was frantically tapping my foot around on thin air trying to find some purchase! My bike was falling...falling...shit!!! It's carbon and the landing is all rock. I can't fall onto that. I reached for the tree that fucked me over in the first place. Phew! My fingers got some purchase on the smooth bark of the gum, brief respite. I'm trying to balance myself and find the ground. I want to fall left so I can put my foot down on the flat run in for the drop. My hand slips and I fall right. I twist as I fall hard onto the rocks. WHACK!!! My bike hits me in the helmet quite hard. I'm not sure if it was the end of the handle bar or the leg of the fork. Whatever it was it hit hard! My helmet was spun side ways quite a few degrees and then the rest of the bike came down on me. I was very relieved the bike landed on me and not the rocks.

I was going to throw open the question - do you think I need a new helmet? I mean it's an expensive carbon helmet and I've had it a long time...I've never crashed in it before. It's still good yeah? A shame that the helmet goes out to such a weak arse error, but I'm glad I never really put it to the test. Big crashes suck. Real close to getting smashed in the face too!

DSC_2968~2.JPG

Saw whales as well. They were really turning it on! Lots of breaches and huge splashes.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty solid 4 day staycation for me!
Friday, solid run at Buxton MTB park.
Saturday, watched my team lose the grand final. So didn't celebrate too hard.
Which lead to 45km around Lysterfield park Sunday morning (No hangover lol). Followed by shopping for a new Fridge!
Today took the kids to a cool indoor climbing place.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Spent the afternoon riding in the quarry of doom. Unfortunately the ride was cut a little short when I had a bit of a crash. On one of the lines there is a bit of a rock garden with a small drop of about 1m in the middle. Approaching the drop I mistimed something and ended up off line and heading for a tree. I've pulled the brakes on and gone to put a foot down. Well of course there as no ground for me to put my foot and the panic began!

I was frantically tapping my foot around on thin air trying to find some purchase! My bike was falling...falling...shit!!! It's carbon and the landing is all rock. I can't fall onto that. I reached for the tree that fucked me over in the first place. Phew! My fingers got some purchase on the smooth bark of the gum, brief respite. I'm trying to balance myself and find the ground. I want to fall left so I can put my foot down on the flat run in for the drop. My hand slips and I fall right. I twist as I fall hard onto the rocks. WHACK!!! My bike hits me in the helmet quite hard. I'm not sure if it was the end of the handle bar or the leg of the fork. Whatever it was it hit hard! My helmet was spun side ways quite a few degrees and then the rest of the bike came down on me. I was very relieved the bike landed on me and not the rocks.

I was going to throw open the question - do you think I need a new helmet? I mean it's an expensive carbon helmet and I've had it a long time...I've never crashed in it before. It's still good yeah? A shame that the helmet goes out to such a weak arse error, but I'm glad I never really put it to the test. Big crashes suck. Real close to getting smashed in the face too!

View attachment 347955

Saw whales as well. They were really turning it on! Lots of breaches and huge splashes.
Geee, not your week. I can't picture how you had time mid crash to put all of those pieces together. Good thing you absorbed the impact of soft ol' CF.

As for the helmet, it will buff out........ :|

Time for a new one.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like a pretty solid helmet so I would think it has only chipped off the shell. Did something similar to a dirtbike helmet and still kept on using it.
Nah it's cooked. It's a 661 carbon full face, so plenty solid. The impact mark is dinged in and fibres are roughed up etc (doesn't show up well in photo). The helmet doesn't align with my head anymore. Anyone else noticed this with other helmets after a reasonable impact? It's happened with another helmet as well. It is as though the helmet has changed shape a little. I've had the helmet for a long time as well. Fortunately got it on a huge sale and didn't pay the exorbitant rrp for it. Time for a proframe.

I can't picture how you had time mid crash to put all of those pieces together.
Well after pulling the bike under control it came to a complete stop. So the accident happened at a very slow speed. Plus the fall was a couple of metres...so plenty of fall time.