Favourite christmas food?

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i like turkey, nice, dry, well flavoured and amazingly tasty....yummmm

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Laurie said:
yeah I love the fruit mince pies.........the mr kipling ones are pretty good with custard and cream.......oh baby i'd love to try some home made ones.........rum balls and white christmas are also some long time favourites.
Yeh Mr Kipling isnt too bad...

But you people would absolutely love my home-made mince pies - their the real, original recipe type - i actually soak minced lamb, fruit etc in grog for a week which forms the filling. These things are totally different from your garden variety mince pies, id go as far to say their better.

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
It has to be the Honeybaked ham (I don't think you have Honeybaked in Australia), if you did, someone would have mentioned it. They make the best tasting hams...

Also, the desserts make Christmas great...

Roasty

Squid
Hmmm sob sob sob...getting a little homesick listening to all this :(!
How about fermented salted fish, meatballs (oh so swedish!), potatoes, egg with caviar....?
Nah just does not compete with a home cooked turkey, BBQ prawns, washed down with a Cold Cascade and topped of with Mum's fruit cake.....HOMESICK!!!

lollies

Cannon Fodder
scblack said:
The leg of ham - keeping it in the pillow case in the fridge and picking at it for weeks after for lunches was what I loved.
YES! pillow case ham and mum's pasta salad together on a bread roll!

Dicky

Punter God
fattyandthepiemakers said:
I only eat gran's fruit pudding to get the two pence out. Anyone else still do that tradition?
yep... and the coins have been used by the last 5 or 6 generations.

All time favourite has to be TRIFLE! I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it.

Hacking away at the pillowcase ham rates a very close second though.

Dim

Spirit Distributions
Nothing beats my grans food, we are there at her house in oxford falls every year, nothing but the best food. My mouth is watering

dilemma

girl+bike
Dicky said:
All time favourite has to be TRIFLE! I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it.
Yep, trifle is my fav too.

Not a fan of fruit mince pies, Christmas/plum pudding or anything remotely fruit cake-y.

BBQ garlic prawns, a nice antipasto platter, pasta salad all go down pretty well for me!