Fastest Downhill Bike/Rider

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
From Wikipedia...

If we analyse records using a serial production bicycle, as opposed to prototype bicycles, the record holder on snow is Markus Stöckl, from Austria. He managed to set a world speed record in year 1999, descending at 187 km/h (116 mph) at Les Arcs. On 14 September 2007, Stöckl rode an Intense M6 mountainbike down the ski slope of La Parva, Chile, reaching the current record of 210 km/h (130 mph).

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Nathan Rennie said he'd attempt a land speed record in an interview after his longest jump attempt. Haven't heard anything since though, if anyone could do it, it's him.

PirateKing

Likes Dirt
Nathan Rennie said he'd attempt a land speed record in an interview after his longest jump attempt. Haven't heard anything since though, if anyone could do it, it's him.
Yeah, you have to imagine he wouldn't use a wind resistance suit or do it on the snow, just bang a 54t on the front and pedal that fast. :p

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Well that helmet was useful
Its part of the new Australian Standards, apparently the chin strap has to break off in an impact (I don't know the actual rating of the impact) so that the rider doesn't choke :eek::confused: I could be wrong but thats how I interpreted one of the requirements.

OTOT:
I've read the Yeti Thread ... and the too'ing and fro'ing ... and I think this is a different scenario to DH racing, but I would have thought you'd want to have a Heavy heavy bike (read heavy and strong) for this kind of thing.

I understand its an old vid and the dood was prolly French (aka weight and aero weenie :p) ... but I'm confused.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
One (Stokl) is for fastest PRODUCTION bike, the other is (Crashing idiot) FASTEST BIKE EVARRRR!