F1 2011

Plow King

Little bit.
Calendar.

1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix Bahrain GP Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir 13 March
2 Qantas Australian Grand Prix[76] Australian GP Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Melbourne 27 March
3 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix[77] Malaysian GP Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur 10 April
4 UBS Chinese Grand Prix Chinese GP Shanghai International Circuit 17 April
5 Panasonic Turkish Grand Prix Turkish GP Istanbul Park 8 May
6 Gran Premio de España Spanish GP Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona 22 May
7 Grand Prix de Monaco Monaco GP Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo 29 May
8 Grand Prix du Canada Canadian GP Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal 12 June
9 European Grand Prix European GP Valencia Street Circuit 26 June
10 Santander British Grand Prix British GP Silverstone Circuit 10 July
11 Großer Preis Santander von Deutschland German GP Nürburgring 24 July
12 Eni Magyar Nagydíj Hungarian GP Hungaroring, Budapest 31 July
13 Belgian Grand Prix Belgian GP Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa 28 August
14 Gran Premio Santander d'Italia Italian GP Autodromo Nazionale Monza 11 September
15 Singapore Grand Prix Singapore GP Marina Bay Street Circuit 25 September
16 Japanese Grand Prix Japanese GP Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka 9 October
17 Korean Grand Prix Korean GP Korean International Circuit, Yeongam 16 October
18 Indian Grand Prix Indian GP[78] Jaypee Group Circuit, Greater Noida‡ 30 October
19 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Abu Dhabi GP Yas Marina Circuit 13 November
20 Grande Prêmio do Brasil Brazilian GP Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo 27 November

Only afew weeks to go. :D

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Australia will be the first round as the Bahrain GP is in doubt because some moron invented religion and they all need to fight over it. The GP2 race coming up soon has been canned and other scheduled events are walking away. Bernie keeps telling us that he doesn't need the Australian GP as there is a shitload of money in the Middle East etc. At least we aren't chucking molotvs at each other and we put on a ripper of a show!
I picked Fernando to be the 2010 champ and it was oh so close. I'm going with the same call this year: Alonso champ, Hamilton close behind and one of the Red Bull guys in third. I can't see the Red Bull's walking away with it like they should have last year. Maybe now that Vettel has bagged number one they he may be a little more predictable and Webber will want his blood. That may be there undoing I think. I also reckon Schumacher and Rosberg will win a grand prix. ;)
Heidfield has been confirmed to replace Kubica at Renault who has just had another eight hour operation on his elbow to repair it after a horrific crash in rallying. He may be back in the Renault this year if all goes to plan.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the teams adapt to the new Pirelli tyres. It should make a few surprises in qualifying and should make the races more varied.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hope Ricciardo gets a crack at the big time for toro rosso. Hes a champion in the making.

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
go go go

Well how bout we keep this thread going and pick our top 5 per meeting (quali & race result) b4 the friday session of each event.
Points for 1-5 per race as per the F1 scoring system on race result.
Lets see who has bragging rights at the end of the yeat to MR F1rotorburn...

What you say - any1 in?????

Neil

wombat

Lives in a hole
Mmm, I'll be in for a tipping comp no doubt. We could set one up on Oztips (or whatever it is)? Anyone done that before?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Bahrain is indeed off, now. Looks like Albert Park will be the season opener provided populist bandwagon jumping f***wits such as Robert Doyle and local MP Michael Danby, don't get their way.

As for the season ahead, I'd like to see Scots lad Paul Di Resta get up there. Mclaren seem to have yet more issues with their new car. Vettel will be damn near unstoppable against Webber but as for who takes the crown at the end of the season, it'll be Alonso and it will be down to good driving and exemplary conduct and not at all anything to do with suspicions that sole-tyre supplier Pirelli and Ferrari no doubt have some sort of devious collaboration to ensure that the dodgy, cheating Italians dominate the sport once more. ;-)

stoff

Likes Dirt
Mmm, I'll be in for a tipping comp no doubt. We could set one up on Oztips (or whatever it is)? Anyone done that before?
There is one on Superbru.com each year. Its a South African sports tipping site. From memory you pick poll, top 3 and top 10 for each race. I started it last year but lost interest after I forgot to tip for about 3 rounds in a row. You can set up a rotorburn pool on it as well.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Oh good, nice to see we've got a healthy F1 following here :) I'll be in the tipping, can't go to bed without reading through my F1 news first (iphone app).

Looking at the practice times, its going to be hard to pick who's holding back for the season opener. I think some of the slower/younger teams have fudged the figures a little to grab some headlines, but Ferrari and RB will be the ones out in front methinks. Not too much talk about Mclaren, but they're not exactly crowing about their car atm. I think Mercedes are still on the back foot.

Should be another exciting year, hopefully down to the wire again.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I was surprised to see Maldonado get the nod over Hulkenberg. The Williams clan have a knack for unearthing future stars but some of the sports legends have questioned the move. Money talks perhaps?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I was surprised to see Maldonado get the nod over Hulkenberg. The Williams clan have a knack for unearthing future stars but some of the sports legends have questioned the move. Money talks perhaps?
No question! It was reported at the time that Maldonado was bringing with him a massive sponsorship deal from Venezuela's state-owned oil company. It's a shame to see a talented driver like Nico Hulkenberg get left by the wayside. Hopefully this Maldonado kid will have the skills to match the opportunity he's been given, if not I can see Williams losing quite a bit of respect from the fans.

Last edited:

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
info

There is one on Superbru.com each year. Its a South African sports tipping site. From memory you pick poll, top 3 and top 10 for each race. I started it last year but lost interest after I forgot to tip for about 3 rounds in a row. You can set up a rotorburn pool on it as well.
Not that i know anything bout this site - do people want to do this 1, or if you give me some ideas/thoughts about what you want to have in the deal (ie quali top...? Rac result top.....?) and basic rules etc.
I certainly do not mind creating a spread sheet and maintaining it.....
What you lot say then??

N

scblack

Leucocholic
I have used Superbru for rugby union tipping, its fine, no problems.

Using a site cuts the workload for someone - either way I will join up too.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I reckon a good tip would be:
- pole
- podium places
- first retirement.

Could also include full top 10, best of the 'new' teams, championship leader post round, etc. but it probably gets a bit too much.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
- pole
- podium places
- first retirement.
I reckon go with this. Anything else would be too much. We cuold set up the scoring system the same way as the points are scored in F1: 25 for the win, 18 for second and 15 for third. You could score ten points for picking pole and five points for first retirement as a way of staying in the game.

scblack

Leucocholic
- pole
- podium places
- first retirement.

Could also include full top 10, best of the 'new' teams, championship leader post round, etc. but it probably gets a bit too much.
Can we add fastest lap?

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
Go GO GO -

Righto Gents. I have set us up on www.superbru.com. We are known as team rotorburners. I have set up a 'pool' for us so we can all get on and the winner will be me.
The 'pool' code is comelidsCan you please all go to the site and add yourself to it.
We cannot pick our Melb just yet as 1 team is still to confirm their 2nd driver.
As soon as it has and the betting opens i will advise you all.

Tue the 22nd Button and Lowndes are 'swapping' cars at Bathurst for some demo laps. How cool will a F1 sound screaming down Conrod - who is going - I am....
Neil

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
go

Tipping site comp is up and all go.
I just put my Melb Red Bull winners picks....
So all please jump in - its quick to set up and lets get the F1rotorburners off and running....