F1 2010: Like sand through the hourglass...

pin'd_it

Likes Dirt
Yeah unfortunately I think Webs is facing a massive uphill battle to become WDC. Barring some sort of mechanical incident Alonso should be able to walk it in.
For Webber's sake lets hope a little dose of Murhpy's law goes Alonso's way...

wombat

Lives in a hole
If Webber wants a chance of the title himself, I don't think he can afford for anything too bad to happen to Alonso, because it'll bring Vettel back into play if he runs away with it as he looks like he may.

On the other hand, if I get a second prediction this year I see Hamilton getting a flyer, leading into turn one, whilst Alonso makes a run up the inside of Vettel, who refuses to give him room, resulting in the two of them locking wheels and coming to grief. Naturally rumours abound of Vettel 'taking one for the team', but this doesn't affect Mark, who drives his way to a podium, picking up enough points to overhaul Alonso and keep Lewis at bay.

It could happen!

wombat

Lives in a hole
As much as the BBC feed kicks the crap out of what we get over here, I am constantly amazed that someone actually pays Eddie Jordan to speak...

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
As much as the BBC feed kicks the crap out of what we get over here, I am constantly amazed that someone actually pays Eddie Jordan to speak...
If he's on TV speaking then at least he's not going door to door asking unwitting housewives whether they want to have their driveways re-paved or their roof re-tiled...

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
He'll yeah uplate off-topic! Had an hours sleep and now I'm up and excited to see how this pans out, Mark needs to take a leaf out of kobayashi's book and just go super happy bansai samurai kamikaze style on the race! Love kobayashi!

wombat

Lives in a hole
Look at where Rosberg is though, RBR had a chance to pull a move with Mark under the safety car, and missed it.
Cock.

Edit: PS: Legard is fucking useless.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Pretty cut with that outcome, to be honest.
Would have loved Mark to come through with it, but he just didn't have it on that track. Can't really deny Vettel either, he may be an obnoxious little cock, but damn he's fast.

The best thing to come out of all this though is that Abu Dhabi doesn't get the last round next year. At least that way we get to finish with a track that doesn't look like it was made out of the left overs of a ten year olds scalectrix set.

scblack

Leucocholic
Can't really deny Vettel either, he may be an obnoxious little cock, but damn he's fast.
I thought on Saturday morning, that if Vettel qualified first, he would win. But if he qualified lower, he is incapable of cleanly passing people. He's only fast with a clear track in front.

nskz

Likes Dirt
Look at where Rosberg is though, RBR had a chance to pull a move with Mark under the safety car, and missed it.
Cock.

Edit: PS: Legard is fucking useless.
I myself am quite surprised RBR didn't take that route with Webber. To be honest what other option did they have to take? For him to win the WDC from where he was at that stage they needed a deadset miracle, the only option was to take the gamble and pit right then...but they squandered that opportunity. If they had have done it, he'd probably be WDC right now considering where Rosberg ended up.

That said, like Wombat, as much as I hate Vettel he really did deserve to be WDC. 10 poles, 5 wins, probably at least another 2 if not for mechanical incidents and brain farts. In terms of raw pace he was the class of the season. The problem Mark now faces is that he is now a year older, a year wiser and probably a few 10ths faster, or at least more consistent. If the RBR car is competitive next year I fully anticipate him walking all over Webber...as much as it pains me to say it.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The big things that dictated the championship result for me are:
-Vettel and Webber playing dodgem cars in Turkey.
-Webber's aquatic adventure in Korea.
-Vettel's attempt blowing his engine cover off in Korea.
-The mighty Ferrari getting in the pooh for using team tactics in Germany.
-Hamilton driving into stuff resulting in three letters (DNF) instead of points.
If some or even one of these things had've been different during the season we would've seen a totally different final picture. I am surprised that Red Bull didn't wrap up both championships in round 8 when they should have totally bounced everyone out of the park with car speed.
Next year? Geez, who knows! Most of the teams at the front are bloody even so a little bit of lucky development will propell one team ahaead (like Red Bull have done). I'd love to see some more qualifying surprises like Hulkenberg pulled to mix it up, that makes the race totally unpredictable.
I think the refueling (or lack of) rule spiced it up but it took away one element of the race. Maybethey need to make a super dooper soft to replace the prime tyre so the option tyre is the one that lasts longer? The new Pirelli should throw some teams on their head too! Either way, turbo's aren't far off so that'll change a few things!
For the record, I will cry when I see numero uno on Vettel's car instead the raging bull Alonso................;)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
He's only fast with a clear track in front.
To be fair, everyone's fast with a clear track in front. Vettel's just got the knack for doing so well in qualifying that most of his races will start that way - The kid managed to get pole and go on to WIN in a Torro Rosso two years ago.

He's never really been penalised for changing gearboxes/engines etc. during a race and taken the resulting grid penalties, nor has he f***ed up and spun out early in the first lap so, yeah in F1 he's not managed to claw up the grid over the course of a race like Hamilton and Alonso have both done so many times before.

F***. He's a worthy champion, a lot of people here maybe dark on him over the Red Bull/Doc Marko favouritism thing but TBH if you look back at all the races and associated media for the enitrie season the one person who seemed to be talking more trash was in fact Mark Webber!

The kid just wants to race and yeah, he can get a bit stroppy but fark! at 23 years of age in that position, who wouldn't be? Hamilton was the same. Alonso still is despite being almost 30. F***ing Ayrton Senna was that way till he died!

If anything all he needs to do is shake the Baby Schumi tag. Michael Schumacher never had the same level of competition - both in drivers and cars - that Vettel has and Vettel actually seems to have a personality, a sense of humour and he's never deliberately rammed anyone off the track to win a championship.

It's nice to see him grab the championship although tbh probably nicer to see Alonso spit the dummy!

Anyway. Y'never know. he could be griping about being the No.2 driver in the next few years as Danny Ricciardo comes through the ranks!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
For the record, I will cry when I see numero uno on Vettel's car instead the raging bull Alonso................;)
Weep away! Better a molly-coddled brat (disturbingly he's the only F1 driver my GF recognises cos 'he's cute and has nice hair') winning the championship than a conniving temperamental Thunderbirds puppet. (Seriously! Watch any of the old Gerry Anderson shows then watch Alonso in an interview. You'll be trying to spot the strings in no time!)

Anyhoo...

WHo's taking odds on Nico Rosberg being in contention next year? He's a damn good driver, driving for a team that's run by a guy who's not shy of trophys. The team has also proved particularly good at slacking off mid-season to concentrate on building an unbeatable car for next season.

I can see RB letting the title slip from their hands as they've thrown sooo much into this season they might be hard pushed to get their staff to do it all again for another very long year.

Mclaren and Ferrari are going to be hungry however and as I mentioned earlier, Mercedes will have the Ross Brawn touch so if the FIA throw in their usual shiteload of rules, car design and track changes that they usually do, It could really go any way.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Fuck it.

I'm going out on a limb with no knowledge of car technology, track calender or driver list for next season but I'm putting my money on Britney to win the WDC for Mercedes!

Now where's the TAB....

wombat

Lives in a hole
Mclaren and Ferrari are going to be hungry however and as I mentioned earlier, Mercedes will have the Ross Brawn touch so if the FIA throw in their usual shiteload of rules, car design and track changes that they usually do, It could really go any way.
RBR do have His Holyness Sir Adrian though, and I'm pretty sure he's currently looking at the new rules regarding the hektic-horsepower-wing, trying to figure out if there's a way he can actually get the car to fly at the push of a button, and if so, how can he sneak it past the other teams on that Friday in Bahrain.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
RBR do have His Holyness Sir Adrian though, and I'm pretty sure he's currently looking at the new rules regarding the hektic-horsepower-wing, trying to figure out if there's a way he can actually get the car to fly at the push of a button, and if so, how can he sneak it past the other teams on that Friday in Bahrain.
They already tried that at Valencia this season. Didn't really work as well as planned...

wombat

Lives in a hole
They already tried that at Valencia this season. Didn't really work as well as planned...
Yes, but clearly the problem was that he stalled mid-flight, and that was always going to be a problem when you only have a stone-age fixed wing.

With an adjustable wing though, and KERS to make sure they hit take-off speed more easily, I'm sure they can make it work. I'm pretty much imagining Webber ollieing his car over the bloke in front.