Electric Vehicles etc

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Only if you indicate like a NSW person.
ARE YOU TELLING ME THEY DON'T MAKE YOU DO THAT IN OTHER STATES?!?!?!!

the car will charge off inverter genny right?
If the generator is directly wired to the mains to power the whole house you'd either plug into the house socket or wall charger if you have one. If it's a little one to power an extension cord for essential appliances then my guess is not enough grunt. Seal has a V2L adapter so if the car is full, plug it in and happy days.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'm wanting the genny to double as a fuel can for the Seal.
Surely it will be okay as the Seal can charge off 10amp?
im sure it would work, but im guessing the fuel burn in the generator for each KM of range added will be pretty horrible!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Want to get home genset for cyclones, the car will charge off inverter genny right?
Interested for back up power and initial range anxiety
Check the wave form against specifications for the car. Some of the inverters are bastardised square waves and while it shouldn't matter charging a battery it might be automatically disconnected as a dirty source. If pure sine wave it should be fine.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Huh. Yeah, ok that makes sense. Intuitively you just assume poor efficiency from all the energy conversion steps. But generators and motors really are bloody efficient!
I motors in cars are less efficient as they need to operate at a range of RPM. A generator can be tuned for very good efficiency at a specific RPM. I am still surprised that it managed to beat the diesel car though!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Looking at novated lease for EV. Probably a mitsu outlander phev. Thing is so expensive (looking at ES for $62k or Aspire for $69k yikes!) but the lease turns out to be reasonable about $240-$260 per week all inclusive for 4 years depending on which spec I get. Based on my hack calculations It leaves me out of pocket about $4k compared to my current scenario. That's including expected fuel savings, insruance, and selling the current car to put back into the mortgage.

Seems like the FBT thing is really good deal but my question is what do you rekon are the chances of this thing getting pulled overnight and leaving me on year 3/4 of the lease with a much bigger lease price? Rekon it's possible or nah?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Looking at novated lease for EV. Probably a mitsu outlander phev. Thing is so expensive (looking at ES for $62k or Aspire for $69k yikes!) but the lease turns out to be reasonable about $240-$260 per week all inclusive for 4 years depending on which spec I get. Based on my hack calculations It leaves me out of pocket about $4k compared to my current scenario. That's including expected fuel savings, insruance, and selling the current car to put back into the mortgage.

Seems like the FBT thing is really good deal but my question is what do you rekon are the chances of this thing getting pulled overnight and leaving me on year 3/4 of the lease with a much bigger lease price? Rekon it's possible or nah?
Nah, it's legislated and it wouldn't be in anyone's interests to scrap it before the scheme was due to run out anyway.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
CORRECT!

And living in a town on the border it's really easy to tell who was taught to drive in NSW :p
Cross border rule changes can be a little tricky. I chucked a u turn once in Bathurst when i was bringing the new Alfa home to Canberra from the dealer in Armidale of all places, and quite quickly found myself being pulled over by a fairly enthusiastic patrol car.

I learnt that day that NSW frowns upon u turns at traffic lights... Producing a Victorian licence assisted in pleading my case of ignorance - there was no No U Turn sign so i had figured all good. ACT sensibly applies the Victorian approach to such things.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Nah, it's legislated and it wouldn't be in anyone's interests to scrap it before the scheme was due to run out anyway.
Any time they scrap the good shit, it still applies to anyone who was on the wagon before they done away with it.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I learnt that day that NSW frowns upon u turns at traffic lights... Producing a Victorian licence assisted in pleading my case of ignorance - there was no No U Turn sign so i had figured all good. ACT sensibly applies the Victorian approach to such things.
They're illegal unless otherwise signed in WA. And we indicate left just before the exit (or at least we're supposed to). Perth drivers haven't quite grasped solid white lines either, the only thing that'll stop them crossing is a concrete barrier.

And to stay on topic, those indicators are silly, they could have at least put one on each side of the wheel like Ferrari does.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
They're illegal unless otherwise signed in WA. And we indicate left just before the exit (or at least we're supposed to). Perth drivers haven't quite grasped solid white lines either, the only thing that'll stop them crossing is a concrete barrier.

And to stay on topic, those indicators are silly, they could have at least put one on each side of the wheel like Ferrari does.
All the examples are of people negotiated large roundabouts with quarter turns of the wheel required. Now do the same on a smaller suburban roundabout, then do it at night.

Stalk make sense as you don't even need to look, you just rely on muscle memory to use them. Ergonomics is hard..

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
All the examples are of people negotiated large roundabouts with quarter turns of the wheel required. Now do the same on a smaller suburban roundabout, then do it at night.

Stalk make sense as you don't even need to look, you just rely on muscle memory to use them. Ergonomics is hard..
You get used to new shit quick. Go to indicate, wipers come on, wipe and indicate right... I do it every couple of years on my trip back to Ireland. Takes 1-2 weeks to get used to euro car dynamics, then the same on return, though a lot longer to work out USA style brakes on yer bike :oops:

ausdb

Being who he is
Want to get home genset for cyclones, the car will charge off inverter genny right?
Interested for back up power and initial range anxiety
I would be getting the answer to this in writing from BYD, than relying on us.
I deal with things that contain electronic gubbins in my day job, one thing they don't like is unstable power supplies. Our warranty specifically excludes damage related to operation from non mains power supplies because of this.