Electric Vehicles etc

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Atto 3? I really liked the one we had for a weekend recently. Especially liked turning a tailgating Ranger into a tiny spec in the rear view mirror when the speed limit went from 40 to 90km/h. Seemed nicely put together too, even if parts of the interior looked a bit unusual.

Girlfriend has her sights set on an ID4 now, so I think we're stuck waiting for one of them.
I’m waiting on a Seal. Bought the Mrs an Atto3 last year and was impressed enough by it that I ordered pretty much straight away.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
@ashes_mtb I have heard from an informed source that the cars MG present for safety testing are quite different to the end product.
Apparently it's reasonably known within the industry not to touch them.

Make of it what you will
Had not heard that.

Sat in one last week and it reminded me of mid-2000’s Hyundai, just not there yet with finish and the screen performance is way off BYD (pretty critical given how much you need it). Seems to be quite a few reasonably common issues with them (warped under body panels, bubbling dash etc) that was putting me off too.

I was still desperate enough to get a car (haven’t been able to get out mtbing since selling my Pajero at NY) that I almost went that way. Base model is pretty compelling, it looks great externally, rear wheel drive, LFP battery etc. Glad I didn’t after reading that.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have asked for one, it's hard to be an adult sometimes
I think it’s probably been handled as well as you could expect. They had a crack at fixing it and it feels like they genuinely thought they had. It’s reasonable they get at least a decent chance to fix it.

I would hope they are reasonable about jsut replacing it now. You’ve been treated better I think than a lot of brands would have - lot of horror stories out their about mainstream models with good reputations for reliability….