DX pedals?

Help

Hey if you are ever wondering why the plastic ones are more expensive it's because when you hit a rock they can break and be replaced, metal does all kinds of funky stuff. Cheers:D

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey if you are ever wondering why the plastic ones are more expensive it's because when you hit a rock they can break and be replaced, metal does all kinds of funky stuff. Cheers:D
wait what? i didn't get a word of that. plastic aren't more expensive. lol

poiter

Likes Bikes
I've just gotta weigh into this discussion.....

My DX's are a little over two years old, and i've gotta echo the same as anyone who has already posted here that owns a set....they are the goods. Having said that though, like anything it is a personal preference thing. DX's are relatively light. (May or may not be of concern) They are concave both ways. This is a design based around your foot sitting at its most comfortable. Believe it or not a dead flat 'flatty' is not going to be comfortable for too long. They are strong as shit. Mine look like they have been part of Shimano's pedal test program for the last two years. They still spin freely, although they have started to develop the slightest bit of bearing play. Bearings are replaceable for those that could be bothered. The pins do tend to get a bit smashed up, especially if like me, you are running a pretty low BB and longish crank arms. Unlike pins that screw in from underneath, DX pins can always be pulled out and replaced, even if it means having to use a pair of long nosed pliers. On that point though, a couple of my leading edge pins have been ripped out completely (meaning the pin thread has been stripped.) This prob. wouldn't happen with pins screwed in from underneath. Just somethin to bear in mind. Have had a few people comment on how small the surface area is when wearing 5-10's. Hasn't been an issue for me, but i've got a smallish foot.

That's my 2 cents worth. Bear in mind that sooner or later, unless all you do is DJ or communting, your pedals are gonna get smashed up. Do you really want your super flash ano flats getting all fucked up?

And on that plastic pedal thing....steel axles or not, the pedal being plastic means the pedal is gonna shear off around the axles. And then all you're left with is an axle. I don't really see the point of plastic pedals....although my 8 year old has plastic pedals on her bike, and she rates them....:D

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And on that plastic pedal thing....steel axles or not, the pedal being plastic means the pedal is gonna shear off around the axles. And then all you're left with is an axle. I don't really see the point of plastic pedals....although my 8 year old has plastic pedals on her bike, and she rates them....:D
have you ever run some odysseys? if they are so dodgey and shit then how come ive only heard good things about them?? hows come they are so popular?? all people that had thm b4 me and that i asked saying
yeah im guna get some. all the people ive asked said roughly this
"they are super strong mate, and cause you don't run them on bmx they will last for yonks, you don't grind on them"
and your saying about how the platform on dx are smallish, the twisted pc's i proudly own are so wide its perfect, even for a guy that wears size 14, its perfect, and they feel so strong, you know they are strong when u come off fucking hard and they land right on the pedal and all there is....a cosmetic scratch, don't be to quik to underestimate this plastic, its a super strong compound, if the company were idiots they would make soft plastic thats breaks, which is what all you guys are thinking it is, guess again. i just hate dx as they are so small, twisted pc are
-light
-strong
-grippy
-cheap
-durable
-wide
its good enough for me. ill keep using them, havent put me astray yet
^^my2c^^

sharp

like a spoon
have you ever run some odysseys? If they are so dodgey and shit then how come ive only heard good things about them?? Hows come they are so popular?? All people that had thm b4 me and that i asked saying
yeah im guna get some. All the people ive asked said roughly this
"they are super strong mate, and cause you don't run them on bmx they will last for yonks, you don't grind on them"
and your saying about how the platform on dx are smallish, the twisted pc's i proudly own are so wide its perfect, even for a guy that wears size 14, its perfect, and they feel so strong, you know they are strong when u come off fucking hard and they land right on the pedal and all there is....a cosmetic scratch, don't be to quik to underestimate this plastic, its a super strong compound, if the company were idiots they would make soft plastic thats breaks, which is what all you guys are thinking it is, guess again. I just hate dx as they are so small, twisted pc are
-light
-strong
-grippy
-cheap
-durable
-wide
its good enough for me. Ill keep using them, havent put me astray yet
^^my2c^^
man i love a good e-fight hahahahahah:d

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Got meself some DX's last week, and must say I'm very impressed so far. Thanks every one for their input, was much appreciated.

Oh, and my mate just broke his plastic odyssy's and wasn't too happy. We both bought our pedals on the same day. DX's win. :D

poiter

Likes Bikes
RodneysKona01 said:
have you ever run some odysseys? if they are so dodgey and shit then how come ive only heard good things about them?? hows come they are so popular?? all people that had thm b4 me and that i asked saying
yeah im guna get some
Ultra Lord said:
Got meself some DX's last week, and must say I'm very impressed so far. Thanks every one for their input, was much appreciated.

Oh, and my mate just broke his plastic odyssy's and wasn't too happy. We both bought our pedals on the same day. DX's win.
Well, well. What can I say? Looks like the old DX's win the day. I could be a spitefull little bugger and rub salt into the wound, but I won't.

Ahhh, bugger it......suck shite Odyssey boy. ;)

nickhagee

Likes Dirt
all i know about the dx is that no one in history has been able to make a pedal that can stand up to constant abuse and neglect like the shimano dx. G-O for it man