Dudes giving away free power boards

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Whats the deal with people coming to my front door on a regular basis, trying to give me free power boards that 'save energy'?

Well, if I said yes to all of them, I would have a lot of power board's and if I say 'Yes' they have to come into my house to install them.

To me this is dodgy. I have not received/heard anything in the mail, email, media about random dudes coming to my house offering free
power boards, plus how hard is it to plug in a power board? Why do they need to come into my house to do it?

The most recent guy was about 6 foot 5, looked homeless and spoke with a weird accent. The next time someone comes to my door
with free power board, I will strangle them with an extension cord...

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
It's legit. I got one a while back. They have to come in and do it themselves because they have to take a pic of it set up so they get paid, I guess.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could you just open the door a bit and get them to install one like in the hallway next to the door or something?

Not sure I'd like the idea of some random coming into my house to get an idea of the layout... Probably overly paranoid though.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Could you just open the door a bit and get them to install one like in the hallway next to the door or something?

Not sure I'd like the idea of some random coming into my house to get an idea of the layout... Probably overly paranoid though.
I had the same thought, but a dude with ID trucking around a grandma's shopping trolley full of new powerboards seems an awfully long way to go just to case a few houses.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I got a couple off a client who was given x5 boards, they work pretty good so far.

I also have previously read in a forum (whirlpool - I think) that when you accept the boards and sign the paper work, you are signing over your rights to certain rebates or something to the company? no idea if there is any truth to this.

If you don't like door knockers contact you consumer rights group and get some politely worded F*&K OFF stickers for free.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
This thread is disappointing.

I initially thought when you mentioned 'power' boards, you were referring to some sort of cool new extreme sports equipment like Back To The Future's hoverboard. I think it was the use of the word 'Dudes' that misled me...

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They did the same with light globes a few years ago.

A friend of mine let them into her house to change the light globes. She had her place broken into 2 weeks later, turned out there was a group of crims using the light globe installation as a ploy to case out peoples houses.

I say strangle them.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The most recent guy was about 6 foot 5, looked homeless and spoke with a weird accent. The next time someone comes to my door
with free power board, I will strangle them with an extension cord...
In 2029 Skynet sent a cyborg back to 1984 to eliminate the mother of John Connor. Luckily the resistance sent a man back at the same time to protect her. You, my friend ......are lucky to be here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhWs3DVk-FU