Does your school block farkin? (proxy server)

Does your school internet block Farkin? (forums section)

• Yes

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • No

Votes: 62 44.3%

• Total voters

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
Anysite with forums. in front of it wont work but you can just use /forums and it will work.

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Farkin isn't blocked.
The good thing is, about a third of the teachers know about the 'look at what every one is doing' program, so we operate using the old 'autohide taskbar, alt+tab when a teacher comes along' way.

'Alex

Likes Dirt
future-edge.net
farkin.net

Question Why? Wouldn't it cost more?
EDIT: mods if you want me to remove these details please let me know

Last edited:

Ty

Eats Squid
i'll leave the tech details up to scott, but we had a simlar problem with the site being blocked years ago, and a few teachers/admin staff had dramas accessing the site aswell and it really cut into the user base.

also.

www.rotorburn.com

(Farkin is a registered trademark of Rotorburn)

also if you remove scotts details it would be greatly appricated.

ryno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hello everyone.

i have found a way around my school sever. i typed in farkin.net into google and click the 3rd or 4th link, it goes straight past the blocked (forums) and into the site. since i have discovered this i have had a hard time concerntrating around computers at school;)

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
my school doesn't YET!! They haven't because they haven't caught anyone on farkin yet. I come on sometimes when we use the computer rooms. Hopefully they'll never block it.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
You guys DO know what farkin.com is... Right?
yea pretty DAMN average!! i wish we had a better sister site- or atleast revamp that one ;) before johnny gets to our other 'rides' site :( why cant someone ask" mr howard, why are you such a wanker?"

JT252

Likes Dirt
Just go Into the internet settings and direct connect to the internet and bypass the proxy all together

mtb_slipknot_fan

Likes Dirt
If your in Nsw farkin aint blocked by your school its blocked by the education department :( Our school has also disabled java script so even if we can get onto youtube etc we cant do shit :mad:

Mojo

Likes Dirt
my work blocks it, so cut, what to do now with all that meaningless time watching water

nucleon hawke

Likes Dirt
Yea it sucks ay ben how school blocks it, AND prety much all proxy sites as well.
For farkin i dont need a proxy as they've only blocked the homepage so i go straight to the forums www.farkin.net/forums :D

EDIT: mm shudda read the whole thread... everything i said has already been said :|

spoken4

Squid
I'm in charge of our school proxy server. :D

I don't bloc anything xcept the stuff the gov says has to be blocked (and I don't have any control over that anyway - the ISP does that). BUT
the pressure from teachers to block stuff at the school level is huge cause kids read Farkin and other stuff rather than doing what they are meant to be doing.
If you want to be able to read myspace, farkin and stuff at school, then do your bloody work when you are meant to and read the other stuff in free time. That gets teachers off my back and I can leave the net open.
I have a "don't ban it until it becomes a real problem" attitude. Trouble is, some little shits make it a real problem! If they just did the work and got it over with, they would probably have time to catch up on the forums and the teacher wouldn't give a rats if the work was done and you asked nicely!