Does bad luck come in threes?

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After 10 years of changing my own tyres I have never blown a tyre off a rim.

Untill this week. Three times!

Just blasted 120 psi less than one meter from my ear.

This is both on the roadie and the MTB :eek:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Don't know about threes, but I can sympathise with the blown eardrum bit. I let a guy on the street change a tyre for me the other day. Unfortunately he didn't put it in properly and just stuffed a hand full, all bunched up, into one part of the wheel. So when I pumped it up it was a bit softish feeling. I put a little more air in with my floor pump, in a concrete corridor and had it blow up straight into my face. When I took it off I was able to see what he had done. I felt like going back and punching his incompetent, lazy, ignorant farking face in.

Last edited:

'Ross

Eats Squid
Solution Johnny: Do it yourself;)

My experience comes from when a member on this forum who will not be named, asked me to 'help' him pump up his tyre at the servo. He thought there was a puncutre in the tube so he asked me to put my head right next to the tyre and 'listen'.

So there I am listening, there he is not realising the tyre is being overpumped, eventually BBOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!! The tube explodes right on my head. Last time I help someone with their tyres.

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CD is on the money with the old tyre thing. It is just funny that it has been three different tyres in the one week.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Solution Johnny: Do it yourself;)
I usually do, but in Beijing there are street repairers everywhere and when you get a flat on the road paying AUS$2 for a new tube and fitting is pretty tempting!

'Ross

Eats Squid
I usually do, but in Beijing there are street repairers everywhere and when you get a flat on the road paying AUS$2 for a new tube and fitting is pretty tempting!
Whilst we are stuck paying $5 for a new tube and doing it ourselves!