Dodgy! Yes it is..

Adi

It's my birthday!
Ahaha that is pretty funny,

Just out of interest wouldnt it be putting forces that it was not designed for onto the frame while riding like that... even if it is just small stuff. Or just riding alone?

Rik

logged out
I was thinking exactly that Adin! I assume the square tubing is aluminium, because if it's steel there may be a chance he could ovalise the shock mounts :?:

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
The rider has no idea anyway so no great loss there. Look at the cassette area, he still has that dodgy plastic guide on it. I wonder if there's a reflector on the wheel???

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Not everyone can afford hydros, but yes in this case i'll have to agree. If you can afford a Rocky Mtn, what the hell are you doing with Mech's on it???

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
hehehe, what a champ - a hartail AND a dual at the same time :D
i beg to differ squidly didly... the dude could have saved up for a long time to buy that frame and then chucked all the parts on his old bike to his RM

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Doesnt explain the plastic guide on the back wheel. If your gonna get a good frame, you should match it with decent parts. What would your reaction be if someone rocked up to a local track of yours on a Intense M1 (set-up as a htail), with a RST Triple on the front. I know i'd be shaking my head. Yes it's an extreme example but you get my drift!

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Squidly Didly said:
What would your reaction be if someone rocked up to a local track of yours on a Intense M1 (set-up as a htail), with a RST Triple on the front. I know i'd be shaking my head. Yes it's an extreme example but you get my drift!
yeah i agree, extreme example but i stand corrected.. good point

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Sorry if it seemed like an attack at ya Peachy. My examples were to point out how dumb this guy is. The put that link in your frame (even if it's a temp while your shock is being serviced) is a stupid move. Too much stress the frame wasnt designed for, followed by a kasnap. Don't forget the famous question 'isnt that under warranty'!!!

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
looking at it, it looks like a piece of wood, not metal.
had a freind who had to do this to his moto one time to get it home.
we got a piece of wood and wired in place to let him ride back.
could be he had no choice .
i'd probably do it for a day if i was out, and had to ride back.

Weasel

Likes Dirt
There used to be this obscure mtb brand in the mid 90's that made their bikes with front and rear suspention that worked on those rubber bands.

The problem was that after a while they dried out and snapped after the rear compressed and sent the rear wheel up your arse if you were hanging over the back.

Cant remember the name but trust me it existed

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Squidly Didly said:
Doesnt explain the plastic guide on the back wheel. If your gonna get a good frame, you should match it with decent parts. What would your reaction be if someone rocked up to a local track of yours on a Intense M1 (set-up as a htail), with a RST Triple on the front. I know i'd be shaking my head. Yes it's an extreme example but you get my drift!
Extreme example yes, but i have seen it. Not set up as a hardtail though.
What about the RST alfalfas?
Or the RST Sigma?
They are both rst triple clamps and they are quite decent forks.

Sorry if i'm being picky, but i do get your point.

Ty

Eats Squid
Squidly Didly said:
The rider has no idea anyway so no great loss there. Look at the cassette area, he still has that dodgy plastic guide on it. I wonder if there's a reflector on the wheel???
plastic spoke protectors aren't cool? oh man, i've been paying $15 for new ones everytime i build up a new wheel.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Ty said:
Squidly Didly said:
plastic spoke protectors aren't cool? oh man, i've been paying $15 for new ones everytime i build up a new wheel.

Awww geeez... and we were going to release a whole range of 'em this spring too.

Ty

Eats Squid
Grip said:
Ty said:
Squidly Didly said:

Awww geeez... and we were going to release a whole range of 'em this spring too.
yeah i've rumors of a evil/e.13 makrolon spoke protector that you can grind on, so you might have some competition in the after market spoke protector game there grip.