do opposites really attract?

lucky13

Likes Dirt
right now i'm having a music war with Mrs Lucky.
we're taking turns with songs.
so far i've had blackflag, slipknot, exploding white mice, radio birdman, dead kennedys, ramones, tom waites and jens lekman.

she's had fucken mika, pink (she is hot but), wham, 1927, nik kershaw, johnny diesel and the god damn scissor sisters.

so....after 12 years together....should i finally kill her, or stab myself in the ears?

if opposites really do attract, i'm set.....otherwise, i'm off to prison.

anyone else have this problem?

Trizender

Likes Dirt
You subject her to Slipknot, she subjects you to Pink. Sounds fair.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Wham now and then...

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I'm afraid there's really only one course of action: Murder.

The important thing though is to be able to get away with it and by announcing your intentions on the net you may have shot yourself in the foot.

So, you're going to have to be really canny in court. I suggest a temporary insanity plea. Just make sure you have a sample of the offending music ready to be played as evidence. Surely no reasonable judge in the land will sentence you after 30 seconds of The Wham Rap!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o7Y4F-UPGHw

lucky13

Likes Dirt
if it ever gets to court, i figure i'll win the magistrate over with a jens lekman style uke solo. he'll either think i'm a musical genius, or a swedish nutbag and set me free.

oh....and pink is hot, in a "it's 3am, i dont care if it's a shemale" kinda way.

Last edited:

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that although I dont agree with George Michael's lifestyle choices he does have a good voice.

Wombat, that response was Gold.

Personally swmbo (she who must be obeyed) (married guys will understand:eek:)
listens to 80's stuff but I listen to a variety - RATM,Pink floyd, Led zepplin, Jeff Buckley. Not really keen on stuff like Korn,slipknot etc

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
if it ever gets to court (i'm planning on a long, drawn out rambo style, bunch of sequals) i figure i'll win the magistrate over with a jens lekman stlye uke solo. he'll either think i'm a musical genius, or a swedish nutbag and set me free.
You're kidding right? You and your partner don't like the same music, so you'll take her to court or kill her... Sounds fair... and right.

skivi

Likes Dirt
i'm of the belief that when it comes to seeking a partner, irrespective of sexual preference, it's the common ground of the morals and values of each individual that will effect the strength of the relationship, yes whilst shared interests are often what we first look for in a person i think it's the subconscious awareness of the similarities between core values, beleifs, personality traits that determine the bond in the relationship.

ie: i rarely meet women that share the same passion in music (i have obscure tastes) or any of my other uncommon hobby's/interests- which initially, will probably lead me to looking at most women as a prospective friend, not a desirable partner but if she shares similar views on life, be that political, moral, whatever with me i may just be hook line and sinker. i remeber reading a lot of great stuff in that recnt thread about love/partners/the search for them etc and it's fascinating breaking down these often so called complex relationships we humans have, it all comes back down to basic instincts really.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
i'm of the belief that when it comes to seeking a partner, irrespective of sexual preference, it's the common ground of the morals and values of each individual that will effect the strength of the relationship, yes whilst shared interests are often what we first look for in a person i think it's the subconscious awareness of the similarities between core values, beleifs, personality traits that determine the bond in the relationship.

ie: i rarely meet women that share the same passion in music (i have obscure tastes) or any of my other uncommon hobby's/interests- which initially, will probably lead me to looking at most women as a prospective friend, not a desirable partner but if she shares similar views on life, be that political, moral, whatever with me i may just be hook line and sinker. i remeber reading a lot of great stuff in that recnt thread about love/partners/the search for them etc and it's fascinating breaking down these often so called complex relationships we humans have, it all comes back down to basic instincts really.
I generally go on boob size.

thankyouverymuch, i'm here all week. try the veal...

lucky13

Likes Dirt
You're kidding right? You and your partner don't like the same music, so you'll take her to court or kill her... Sounds fair... and right.
no, i'm dead serious:rolleyes:

anyway...do opposities really attract?

in my case it seems to be correct, but i know couples that both like the same stuff and seem to get on fine.

n plus one

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no, i'm dead serious:rolleyes:

anyway...do opposities really attract?

in my case it seems to be correct, but i know couples that both like the same stuff and seem to get on fine.
I fear you are placing too much store in the lyrics of Paula Abdul.

Perhaps you need to seek out an alternative song lyric through which to make sense of relationships?

Allow me to suggest Sir Mixalot.

lucky, in an attempt to reassure you...

how many women do you think there actually are that have the same in music as you ?

don't sweat it ;)

lucky13

Likes Dirt
lucky, in an attempt to reassure you...

how many women do you think there actually are that have the same in music as you ?

don't sweat it ;)
i like that my girl and i are so different, it makes life interesting:D.
personally i wouldn't want a girl that has all the same interests as me, yet i know couples that are very similar and get on fine (and good on them).....so this was meant to be a more general question, not just about music.

i was pretty smashed when i started this thread:D
so i can understand how it looked to be about music.

cheers

Arete

Likes Dirt

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
i like that my girl and i are so different, it makes life interesting:D.
Except when they drive your car & change the seat position in 5 different ways, move all the mirrors & play with the stereo - even when they're just driving up the road :(