Dirt jump spots in the Melbourne area

mitch man

Likes Bikes
- croydon hills next to the primary school
- lillydale, next to the lake (ask any locals and they will know)
- heathmont bout 5 minute ride from station, follow railway track until u hit a bunch of tennis/netball courts and its next to them
- windsor
- next to klim swim in sandy/chelt

i know of couple of other but forgot where they were .
Hey just curiious if you could PM me where these jumps next to lilydale lake are? cheers

Andrey

Squid
Not dirt jumps but good concrete table tops at Glen Iris & Dandenong.

I have a 26" dirt jumping bike & go to these locations:
- Hill and Dale Park on Summerhill Rd Glen Iris.http://janetbolithosnotes.blogspot.com.au/2010/06/hill-n-dale-bmx-park.html
-Dandenong Skate & BMX Park on Princes Hwy opposite Dandenong High School. http://www.melbourneplaygrounds.com.au/melbourneplaygrounds-info.php?id=20415

Both are pretty good & you can get a lot of jumping done with very little energy. The only problem is annoying scooter kids who stand on the table tops while their mates go back & forth. I recommend getting to both places before 10 in the morning to get some good jumping in.

Andrey

Squid
Dirt jumps at Lysterfield Lake (sanctioned by Parks Victoria)

Just below the dam wall at Lysterfield lake there are some table top dirt jumps. To be honest they are not great, but if you bring a spade along & shape the jumps they could be fantastic.

As a bonus there is a good little pump track right next to it.

Also a couple hundred metres north is a bike shop / cafe called Trailmix worth checking out.

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathiemt/5872623424/

Last edited:
First off...
The rebuilt H.E (heathmont) is still alright the 3 doubles are pretty good not great but good, but besides that the pump track and little jumps are shit there is a large amount of dirt that can be used but the council isn't building them it seems that we as riders will have too. (message me if u want some help building)

The lysterfield jumps are just shit. they are very small, all tabletops and the biggest set starts big and gets smaller so u land flat on the last jump. the pump track is amazing though and so much fun, but not worth going there just for that so if u go to lysterfiled u'll need to ride some trails.

Mill Park BMX Track

The Mill Park track is free for practice and on the outside of it there are dirt jumps. I don't know how you would rate them as I am a beginner and they are more than enough for me to practice AM skills. Plenty of park and general riding track around it. Check it out on Google earth. Sycamore Street Mill Park (Melway 9 E4)

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Obviously not dug by you.

Hi,
I ride the Altona jumps occasionally. There are two areas with jumps.

Queen Street Reserve on Queen St. I haven't been there in a while, but last time I was there I recall it was after some serious rain and I was impressed with how they'd already been tidied up to perfect condition. They have a group of beginner, intermediate and advanced jumps, so you can work your skills up. It's council maintained.

The next lot are about 1km south of the Queen Street ones into the 40acres it backs onto. You'll have to ride with your eyes peeled to find them. They've got piles of serious doubles. I think it's just maintained by riders, but they've done some tidy work and there were some great jumps there.

As for JJ Holland Park in Kensington, I skate there, and I hear they've had approval for the jumps to be made and funding for the dirt and building/maintenance, but that was better than a year ago I herd that and last time I skated, which was probably a month or two at most, there was nothing rebuilt. The ones that have been there are more a fun circuit, but not much use for DJing.
Im sure the Riders that built the second set you talk of are stoked to hear you give away their location(insert sarcastic tone here).Put a sock in it ya doush.

koiom

Likes Bikes
Im sure the Riders that built the second set you talk of are stoked to hear you give away their location(insert sarcastic tone here).Put a sock in it ya doush.
Lol
You just quoted a six month old post that was buried in this thread to tell the guy to not give away a secret spot.
Noice wan

Fantana

Squid
There is a council built pump-track in Westgate Park, Port Melbourne (under the Westgate Bridge). Is in a state of disrepair, but with a little shovel love will be flowing again. Also, very exposed so may be windy.

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
There is a council built pump-track in Westgate Park, Port Melbourne (under the Westgate Bridge). Is in a state of disrepair, but with a little shovel love will be flowing again. Also, very exposed so may be windy.
While it may have "originally" been built by Council (but I'd guess probably not...), it is actually maintained by FTP (Full Throttle Peddlers) Club that are local to the area.

They have been working on options for further development in the area (as have I more recently), but have been having "issues" with the local "freinds of" group...

Also, the can be quite a "sea weed" stench in the area at times... Worth visiting though just for an arvo ride close to the CBD.

Kink_curb

Cannon Fodder
Lilydale area

Hi guys I'm new here not sure if I'm doing this correctly but do any of yours know if the lilydale lake trails are still around and where abouts they are. It would be a big help

jarrod839

Banned
Hi guys I'm new here not sure if I'm doing this correctly but do any of yours know if the lilydale lake trails are still around and where abouts they are. It would be a big help
hey mate
for memory they were dozed few years back,they started building new ones behind the greenfields shed (now holden dealership), was speaking to a dude at croydon sk8 park few weeks back and he said they were still there and just need a little shovel work.
croydon hills is still there but needs some shovel work if u like big jumps. or head out to dymo's in diamond creek they are always in top shape and decent.

crf_j

Cannon Fodder
Western suburbs

Hi All

Anyone riding in the werribee area..
I will have my hardtail built in two weeks, wondering if anyone rides wyndham bmx track or something better?

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
- Lilydale trails Both Green fields and Rabbit Hill (Lilydale lake) have been dozed.
- H.E Parker trails are still there and suck due to council and someone who thinks they are a trail builder.
- Croydon Hills just got dozed as they were too big.
- Diamond creek are still around.

Best best for legal council trails is Windsor and BMX tracks.

I also saw these on the Dirt Art FB page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/YRMT...460351904005325.107499.108504692523383&type=3

skelly

Squid
J.J Holland Park Kensington - works underway

I know there was a concept plan floating about to rebuild the jumps in the JJ Holland Reserve in Kensington a few years ago that included the construction of a pumps track beside it. I passed the other day and the existing ones have been bulldozed and looks like there doing some works out there. Hopefully their building the new Jumps and pumps track (and not using it as a construction storage site or similar).
I'll keep you all posted if I see some shaping taking place.

Saffa

Likes Dirt
JJ holland park jumps

Yep it's true! After a long negotiation between local riders and the council, the rebuild of the JJ Holland park jumps is going ahead. The DJ/pump track park will include two rows of jumps(intermediate and advanced), a new start ramp, return track and a HUGE fast flowy pump track. All designed by a fellow Rotorburners. The park is due to be finished around the end of June, weather permitting. I will keep you guys up to date with the progress of the build as it happens, it's still early days yet. Its going to be rad!

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Looks like the 3 lines at the council jumps at the Altona Meadows skate park have just been fixed up, looking good at the moment.

Hey man,

Yeah I used to live in Kensington and would quite often be down there on my full sus, I remember meeting one guy down there that was talking about getting some funding to re-build it with 3 DJ lines and a pump track...my guess is that never got off the ground.

I really need a little bmx or DJ bike before I do anything as there is no way my DH rig will be any good, if I get something sorted though I'll let you know.

-Scott
they have rebuilt the jumps and there nearly finished!