Dirt jump spots in the Melbourne area

Saffa

Likes Dirt
Kensington jumps

they have rebuilt the jumps and there nearly finished!
Hi guys, just an update on the Kensington jumps and pump track.

So far so good, The jumps and pump track, have been built(but they are still very rough). There is still a lot of shovel work to be done before the park can be opened. The council has layed down turf around all the jumps, which looks pretty sweet.

We have had a lot of people jumping the fence to try and get in(which the council is very concerned about). Anyone going down for a look, if could please stay out of the site until it is opened. It is still a building site, until the fence comes down.

The park will not be opened until the grass is fully settled in, probably 6weeks or so.

Heres a couple of picks.

dirt jumps.jpgpump track.jpg

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Went and had a little looky yesterday arvo. Gonna be epic thats for sure! Wish I read this before I wentnout in the howling gale though

Josh Delorenzo

Cannon Fodder
29er

Love that this is close by! One issue i have is that i recently sold my DJ bike to buy a 29er to do XC comps. But looking at buying a decent duel sus pretty soon.

Would i be burnt at the stake for taking a 29er out on these jumps?

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love that this is close by! One issue i have is that i recently sold my DJ bike to buy a 29er to do XC comps. But looking at buying a decent duel sus pretty soon.

Would i be burnt at the stake for taking a 29er out on these jumps?
you will be burnt at the stake for riding a 29er anywhere :mad2:

nahh im sure you would be fine, although i dont know how well a 29er can jump...

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There was a bunch of people in there on Sunday riding the jump line... I'm assuming based on the fences still being in place, they're not open yet.

Saffa

Likes Dirt
There was a bunch of people in there on Sunday riding the jump line... I'm assuming based on the fences still being in place, they're not open yet.
Yes correct they are not supposed to be in there! The fences are up for a reason. We the trail builders have been spending a lot of time down there trying to get the track ready for surfacing in a couple of weeks. It isn't cool after working all of Saturday, to go back down there today to find massive ruts all over the place, including the stuff we had just built.

There have been more than a couple of rude kids at the fence complaining about not being allowed in e.t.c. None have thaught to thank us for all the work were putting in, or offered to pick up a shovel. Its not that easy to get trails built with the co-operation of the council, its been almost 4 years in planning just to get this far.

We are hoping that if this goes well there could be more council dirt jump spots in the inner city to come, the more complaints to park rangers the council gets, the less chance of anything else happening. If anyone thinks they can do a better job, be my guest, find a spot and approach the council, see what response you get....

The shaping of the track, drainage works and surfacing is not finished and as such it is not ready to be ridden.

The more ruts we have to clean up the longer its going to take to get done.

When will people learn Poaching trails before they are finished isn't ok!

What kind of retards ride someone elses newly built trails after some of the heaviest rain weve seen all year! If it were my personal trails I might not be so nice about it.

So please can everyone stay out!

If you are interested in helping with the track at a later stage, you can pm me

End rant

Last edited:

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are the dirt jumps in South Kensington open to the public yet??
Unfortunately no... We're waiting on the council to provide us some more dirt to raise the riding line to prevent the puddles between each of the rollers and jumps as well as installing aggy pipes to drain the 180° berms.

Hopefully we'll get the dirt this week and get the track & jumps dialled over the next week or two.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Unfortunately no... We're waiting on the council to provide us some more dirt to raise the riding line to prevent the puddles between each of the rollers and jumps as well as installing aggy pipes to drain the 180° berms.

Hopefully we'll get the dirt this week and get the track & jumps dialled over the next week or two.
How are we looking to ride the track at Kensington?

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How are we looking to ride the track at Kensington?
Thanks to nearly 100mm of rain last week it's quite muddy at the moment. We spent a few hours down there yesterday trying to fix up drainage and plan on spending a few afternoons down there this week tidying up.

The council is currently arranging signage and are hoping to have it open in the next couple weeks so we're working as hard as we can to get it done and riding sweet.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Thanks to nearly 100mm of rain last week it's quite muddy at the moment. We spent a few hours down there yesterday trying to fix up drainage and plan on spending a few afternoons down there this week tidying up.

The council is currently arranging signage and are hoping to have it open in the next couple weeks so we're working as hard as we can to get it done and riding sweet.
Will you folks be working out there on Tuesday? I have the day off and would love to come lend a hand

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
JJ Holland Park is now OPEN!

As of Saturday and after a VERY long wait the jumps and pump track at J.J. Holland park are now open.

I'm sure I'll see a lot of you guys down there soon.