Diesel Gas Injection

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Figured some people will have better ideas than me. I have a 2.5TD Triton and are considering the option before the government rebate ends. Pros? Cons?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
You want to convert your diesel triton to gas ? o_O

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Not convert, just add a little. It gives a reasonable power boost and a fair bit of economy seeing as though most of the diesel actually burns it makes it run a hell of a lot cleaner as well.

Zam

Likes Dirt
If you do a heap of Kim's then it may be worth it, but if you are only doing it for the power gains then not worth the money involved.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
175km a day :thumb:

I'm not so sure about that article either, sure you will rev out a little more, but the turbo engine is designed to rev a little higher than the standard diesel which the article is based on because thats where it reaches its max torque. I don't know how old that website is either. A bit of looking into it says that there can be problems with the higher exhaust temp, however I'd rather someone who knows a bit about it talk me through it.

Last edited:

Optic

Likes Dirt
Don't over complicate something you don't have to, it will just create problems. Diesels are already having problems with injectors because the manufacturers (Toyota, one example) are pushing them to high with the pressures.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
Hi mate I know of a few guys that did this on the patrols and are happy with it. As stated it will increase your egts as there is now less lubrication in there. Dont ring a gas place to ask for an opinion because rhey are trying to sell you the kit! Your best bet would be to call diesel tec in lilydale and have a chat. The guys there are very knowledgeable and reasonable and should be able to give you some decent info about which way to go

Zam

Likes Dirt
Don't over complicate something you don't have to, it will just create problems. Diesels are already having problems with injectors because the manufacturers (Toyota, one example) are pushing them to high with the pressures.
This is true, I have an old 91 hilux 2.8d and it just goes and goes, these days with the pressures the injectors are running on new high performance diesels the injectors are struggling to do 100k and then they are about 1k per injector to replace, Nissan on the Navara are having similar problems.

My Brother in Law is an engineer for Holden and says they it is bascilly public demand pushing these diesels which all all becoming high performance motors therefore not lasting as long as they used to, plus most of them are designed for Euro diesel which is much much cleaner then the diesel her is Aus which most certainly is adding to the problems.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
This is true, I have an old 91 hilux 2.8d
Never late in the 2.8 ;) they dont break because they dont have anything though. Ill continue to look into because a couple of mates i was talking to today were raving about it, cheers for the help though.