Dexter

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been enjoying it on 10.
Cliffhanger this week heading into the season 1 finale.
Been well worth it.

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I read the book, and got a bit into the TV series, but not so much.

At which point in the TV series does the story from the book finish, and the new storyline start?

That is, of course, assuming that the second and third seasons are completely new storylines.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Been enjoying it on 10.
Cliffhanger this week heading into the season 1 finale.
Been well worth it.
You and me both brother. Last weeks episode was plain frustrating! I have been enjoying just sitting by the fire on a Sunday night and watching it. Though its based on a serial killer maiming people, its a relaxing way to unwind.

johnny1990

Likes Bikes
I can't get enough of dexter although I only started watching in when it started on channel 10 just waiting for the season 1 finale to screen so I can watch my season 2 boxset.
The plot seems perfect and does any body now why they released season 2 on DVD while season 1 is still on tv it just seems a bit strange.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
season 2 is awesome. If i was a real prick I'd post up exactly what happens and spoil it for everyone <<inserts evil laugh. But im not, seriously its sooooo good

tidlibitz

Likes Dirt
how many episodes are there in a season??
i recorded it and it cut off about 3/4 (i was pissed:( ) of it so i went looking and found that website

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bah. showcase is where its at. finished season 2 months ago haha.
Two words: goddamn kids! I don't have time to watch much at all, let alone consider cable again since the kids arrived. Channel 10 it has to be for me- for now! :D

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome show. But i forgot what happened last episode on 10 can someone refresh my memory?
Very brief synopsis:
Angel (fellow cop) survives stabbing by the Ice Truck killer - attack leaves DNA clues that helps Dexter figure out the killer is his sister's boyfriend - had suspected him, but now realises his sister is in real danger. Doesn't know she's been taken on the boat with him... (shouldn't give too much away for those catching up)...

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
Very brief synopsis:
Angel (fellow cop) survives stabbing by the Ice Truck killer - attack leaves DNA clues that helps Dexter figure out the killer is his sister's boyfriend - had suspected him, but now realises his sister is in real danger. Doesn't know she's been taken on the boat with him... (shouldn't give too much away for those catching up)...
Shit how did i miss that. I watched the episode but i didn't realize Dexter suspected Rooney or Rodney or whatever his name is.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Dexter is fiction? I thought it was an inspirational program.

I believe that the first 2 series follow the books' storyline closely until the end of series 2. The 3rd book gets a little off track with Dexter's "dark passenger" being attributed to some sort of supernatural being & it lost a lot of fans. I don't think series 3 is going to follow the books path.

I'm thinking about downloading series 3 as it may be a while before it gets to Showcase.

scottmeister

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha, finished up watching season 2 near the start of this year! epic series. s3e2 coming out this sunday...

if you enjoy dexter check out "true blood", it's only a few episodes into the first season, airing this sunday in the US also with episode 4...awesome stuff. All the good shows are airing again now, excellent....

Dexter is awesome, I was lovin the first season so much on Ten I went out and picked up the second season, which came with bonus police tape i might add. I hope more season 3 ep's get leaked cause i dont wana have to wait for season 3 to come out on DVD.

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
This reviewer certainly liked S3:
There's really nothing negative I can say about the first four hours of season three of Dexter. It's as good as anything you'll see this year and the fastest hour on TV. The writers don't force their characters or their themes down your throat. They write three-dimensional roles and then let the drama develop. Dexter is so unique because it's about ridiculous things like a serial killer becoming best friends with an A.D.A. but it never hits a false note in the process. It sells the unbelievable. After season one and even a little bit after season two, I was nervous about how the show could continue. After the first four episodes of season three, I'm convinced we could still be entertained by the life of Dexter Morgan for years to come.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Shit how did i miss that. I watched the episode but i didn't realize Dexter suspected Rooney or Rodney or whatever his name is.
He didnt. It really was an epic episode. You had Deb all excitied because Roody was going to propose but a link was drawn between Angel, the hooker with the prosthetic hand with nail polish, and the attack on Angel which left Roody with a cut lip. It was in the last 5 mins he had a suspician that it was him and then a DNA report came back as confirmation. We are left with Deb, laying unconcious in Roody's yacht and Dexter racing to the scene.

I havent seen beyond this but the few takes 10 showed for next week gave some things away...then again, this show has so many awesome twists...