Dealing with injury risk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
JKW is so very talented and can ride better in a straitjacket than I can on my best day, but it always looks like he's trying so hard to have fun and show off that it's almost embarrassing to watch.

Minlak

custom titis
18 minutes of my life I didn't lose by watching that. And I'm glad!!!

I'm guessing there's way more chance you get ad dollars by having a 10 minute plus video, because all these fucking kooks do 10 minute long videos with about 30 seconds of useful content.
10 minutes is the Magic mark for engagement and hence played time and hence ad revenue. When you check your video statistics you will see most people tap out after 8-10mins and 10 mins for the video will have most of your videos being watched through compared to longer videos. The bigger channels with massive followings normal aim for the 18-20 min window.
The only problem is the channel stats don't tell you people think your videos are shit and that's the real reason your channel isn't growing.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@Scotty T

i haven't heard " Kooks" used as a descriptor for a very long time - and i missed it !

Along with " Gas " , Ace " and " the gentle sound of fat tyres ripping up pavement , while elbows rest on windowsills , biceps showing off a pack of smokes rolled up in a t shirt sleeve , 'torque exceeding friction ' at the local Bus Stop and the lazy , " get farrrrkkkkked ya mole "

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The only problem is the channel stats don't tell you people think your videos are shit and that's the real reason your channel isn't growing.
This young bloke is ace @rextheute ;) Talks and rides for 16 minutes, no click baity "I did this and look what happened next", and sends the shit out of my local trails. I hope his channel grows, and while watching him hit some stuff could be inspirational , back on topic there's no way I'm ever doing a whole lot of what he hits because I'm too old for that shit.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
This young bloke is ace @rextheute ;) Talks and rides for 16 minutes, no click baity "I did this and look what happened next", and sends the shit out of my local trails. I hope his channel grows, and while watching him hit some stuff could be inspirational , back on topic there's no way I'm ever doing a whole lot of what he hits because I'm too old for that shit.

No wonder you lot love your DD tyres and don't give a stuff about rolling weight!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

Don't stop on the bridge!

The kid can ride! Flipping 'eck, i had no idea half of those lines existed... For those that havent ridden there, he was casually clearing some fucking huge gaps and jumps... The road gap on Vapour in particular is huge.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow ! - see im not that brave ....and definitely not skilled .

A big 'drop ' for me is now measured in " not very high "

But i wish i had some skills

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Reminds me of some of @Minlak videos.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Don't stop on the bridge!

The kid can ride! Flipping 'eck, i had no idea half of those lines existed... For those that havent ridden there, he was casually clearing some fucking huge gaps and jumps... The road gap on Vapour in particular is huge.
You're watching sports? So much double crossing in going to pop an valve!

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Got skills and the trails look great too!

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

I gotta watch more of that dude's videos.

Also nice for context when you lot on here are swearing about people parked on the bridge.... I understand now.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agreed on all and I wish I could smoke trails that fast but he talks a loooot of shit in that video. I had to mute it when he was 3/4 the way down luge and started crapping on about knowing where you are in space.... Maybe that is shit you need for throwing flips and shit but for regular jumps??? Nup. He raped my ears.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Wow, haven’t logged in for ages and forgot I had started this thread (been keeping off screens as much as I can). After 8 months I’m starting to see some good signs of the concussion letting up. Have spoken to a few different professionals and some pro footballers that have been through similar and have a good plan in place.
Been able to exercise the last 3 or 4 weeks without it triggering bad headaches. Mtbing is still a way off but reckon I’ll be back at it in the new year.