Dans Comp

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry guys, this is a big dig, but I thought it'd be better than making another new thread... I wanted to know:
a) Am I better shopping with Empire or Dans?
and
b) With Dans and Empire, how much does postage work out to be? (I'm slightly thinking about buying pedals, bars and forks).

Sorry again for the dig, Josh

melbourne rider

The Select Phew
well empire charges shipping by the price you spend on parts

and dans charges on weight.

so. compae both and work out he cheapest.

dans is alot cheaper on parts compared to empire ( in most cases ).

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
danscomp is good, but have a minimum postage fee of USD$40. soooo unless you're buying something that is fairly substantial/is substantially cheaper than here or at empire or strictly for example, it can often be a bit OTT. for what its worth, i bought my eastern cranks off danscomp, and even paying USD$40 on postage, it worked out about $100 cheaper than buying them in aus

floody

Wheel size expert
Or even further off topic,
anyone bought from alans BMX ? I'm looking at welgo mg-1 Ti pedals from there...

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
leitch, so if your cranks had $40 USD postage, do you reckon that bars, forks and pedals would be like 100 USD or something ridiculous?

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ordered Triumphs, a wheel etc off empire and postage was 70 (didn't say whether that was AUS or US though)

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
leitch, so if your cranks had $40 USD postage, do you reckon that bars, forks and pedals would be like 100 USD or something ridiculous?
the easiest way to find out what the postage would be from dans comp is to actually put through your order and it will tell you the cost of psotage at the confirmation page.

with my current bike i ordered half of it through dans and other through empire.
I ordered frame, fork, bar and a few heavier things through danscomp. postage was a couple hundred(aus) dollars but it was couriered directly to me. i ordered thursday morning and it was at my house monday morning. i still saved money on that order.
I got everything else through empire, there postage was more reasonable for the amount iwas ordering, but it did take 2weeks to arrive, which is usual postage time for mailorder.

i saved about $1000AUS by buying all my stuff OS, so its definitely worth it if you know what you want and can build it all up without any hassles.

JUST REMEMBER!!! BUY IT OVERSEAS AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CLAIM WARRANTY WITHIN AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!

Belle

Eats Squid
Grave Digger.

Dans comp shipped my product off on Wednesday last week.
They gave me shipping confirmation but the number doesn't even work.
Does any one know what the problem is or is this normal ?
If theres no stuff ups my order should be in sometime this week?

Thanks.

gr33ky

Likes Dirt
Dans comp shipped my product off on Wednesday last week.
They gave me shipping confirmation but the number doesn't even work.
Does any one know what the problem is or is this normal ?
If theres no stuff ups my order should be in sometime this week?

Thanks.
I'm in the same situation as you. Actually the exact same situation
I ordered my shoes on saturday 2 weeks ago. Got my shipping confirmation on wednesday and my order hasn't arrived yet.
The number doesn't work because the postal service that Danscomp uses for Australia is USPS and they do not supply tracking for the package.
On danscomp site it says that the order will be shipped within 3-5 days, and the way i have worked it out my package should have been here yesterday at latest.
I know that they do not count saturdays and sundays however i read that USPS does ship on saturdays.
The package should be delivered to my address that i have entered yes? not to my nearest post office or something?

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
Its leading up to xmas. Any mail in november and particularly december is always slower than usual.
I'm sure dans themself are flat out with xmas orders also, so instead of it being 5 days to ship its 7.

My last order from dans I didn't even get a 'has been shipped' email like usual. Just turned up a couple weeks later

Belle

Eats Squid
Thanks Rhys and Gr33ky.

Gr33ky, Your order will be shipped to your door when it arrives.
if no one is at home at the time the parcel man will leave a card.
On the card will be a phone number and the location of your parcel.

bmx>mtb

Likes Dirt
how much would postage be for a small item such as a hub on its own to come from dans comp to sydney?

gr33ky

Likes Dirt
Well my shoes are being delivered in a normal shoe box size and weighs 3lbs and that was US$40.
So $30 should be about right.
Danscomp's shipping prices are derived from the weight of the package.
Empirebmx's shipping prices are derived from the price of the goods.

gr33ky

Likes Dirt
Alright my package arrived this morning so Belle your parts should be coming very soon.
Thanks for the help guys.