Dans Comp

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey everyone
i just have a question and i thought it would be better to post it in the BMX forums as it is about a BMX site, well what i was wondering is if the site was in american dollars? cause i am thinking of buying some cranks of danscomp

cheers

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes it is in American dollars, and once you add postage to the American dollars and convert it to AUD, I odn't think it works out to be too much cheaper. I've heard empirebmx.com doesn't charge anywhere near as much as Dans for postage.

melbourne rider

The Select Phew
Yes it is in American dollars, and once you add postage to the American dollars and convert it to AUD, I odn't think it works out to be too much cheaper. I've heard empirebmx.com doesn't charge anywhere near as much as Dans for postage.
wrong!!!!!!

i saved $180 on parts

my brother saved like $230 on clothes

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok so i have narrowed it down to these 3 cranks of danscomp
wethepeople royals-$159.99
DK chopstick-$134.99 US
or some FSA nasty boy cranks-$109.00 US
now i know some of them come in us bottom bracket so i will just buy a euro kit for it, i am leaning more towards the FSA nasty boy cranks as they are a bit cheaper... but i was also wondering would some kind person be able to convert those three prices over to the australian dollar for me please??:) i dont know how too

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I use xe.com for all my conversions. Go to the bottom of the page. Empire BMX are another shop and they seem to have pretty decent prices i.e Slams for $55 AUD!! (postage not included)

Cheers,

Will

melbourne rider

The Select Phew
ok so i have narrowed it down to these 3 cranks of danscomp
wethepeople royals-$159.99
DK chopstick-$134.99 US
or some FSA nasty boy cranks-$109.00 US
now i know some of them come in us bottom bracket so i will just buy a euro kit for it, i am leaning more towards the FSA nasty boy cranks as they are a bit cheaper... but i was also wondering would some kind person be able to convert those three prices over to the australian dollar for me please??:) i dont know how too
yeah go on www.ex.com and select us to aus dollars, enter the ammount and wham-bam-thank-you-mam.

have you looked at the primo powerbites? im running a set and their as strong as cr-mo (IMO)
i reckon go the wtp or if your a smoother rider go for the chopstix, please dont but those sad excuses for cranks (fsa nasty boys)

floody

Wheel size expert
I've bought a few things through Dans, prices were always better than good, and definitely better than local prices , even with shipping factored in.

Empire does seem to be the place at the moment though, Dans have a giant range but their prices are becoming marginally less competitive.

Either option is good.

Mr Peabody

Likes Dirt
Its all in USD dollars and be aware although you can save heaps ive had a couple of things pulled up with customs and by the time i paid duty etc it
wasnt really worth the effort so if you order, keep it small and simple

floody

Wheel size expert
Ahh yes, NEVER, EVER buy anything if its being shipped with DHL, thats my golden rule.

Otherwise I've never had a shipment pulled by customs.

E-thugin

Likes Dirt
Why DHL??

I had to get my Staats frame off dans coz there were no Aust distributors at the time...

i saved a fair bit.. even after aditional fees..

they tax ya & put on extra fees if the item cost over a certain amount.
i forget the exact details

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok i wont get FSA nasty boys, yeah i have checked out the primo power bites.I seen primo power bites and tufneck over bites on strickly BMX and they look good, is strickly BMX an australian site? if it isnt i will just get WTP royal cranks of phantom cycles for 260 i think they are or just order some tuffneck overbites threw my local bike shop

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cheers, thanks for that, if anyone else has some ideas of cranks, send me a PM or replie, they need to be euro bottom bracket and they will be goin on a NPJ Rude Dude

Randy Rhoads

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cheers, thanks for that, if anyone else has some ideas of cranks, send me a PM or replie, they need to be euro bottom bracket and they will be goin on a NPJ Rude Dude
How much are you willing to spend on the crankarms and how much on the BB, or just the total?

E-thugin

Likes Dirt
RNC cranks are the shiz...

u should just get profile or odyssey cranks... Strong.light & reliable with a warranty

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
ive done a few orders from danscomp. never anything from empire bmx.
even with the shipping factored in, you are going to save a bundle.
just keep the order under $1000 AUS and you wont be hit with any taxes when it comes through customs.

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ummm i am thinking of streching my budget and buying some 41 thermals, if not i am gonna buy forks first then cranks some time next year