Dans Comp

JakeGorey

Likes Dirt
A mate of mine got a frame off dans comp and all up he saved heaps of money, i think depending on what you get it is a good alternative.

gr33ky

Likes Dirt
Well Dans usually has cheaper prices. And empire usually has lower postage rates.
From what i've read, Dans usually works out a little bit cheaper but the only real way to find out is to just test.
Add your parts to your cart on each site, add the postage costs and find out what ones best for you.

JakeGorey

Likes Dirt
leitch, so if your cranks had $40 USD postage, do you reckon that bars, forks and pedals would be like 100 USD or something ridiculous?
No, Dans Comp have a minimum postage fee of $40, so you could by a valve cap and pay $40 for postage.

jackie boy

Likes Dirt
It was going to cost me $130aud just to buy 1 WHEEL off dans!! were as it was only $75aud post for 2 wheels, tyres tybes ect on empire... Dans generaly has more of a range but dog you on postage costs.

just ordered about 700 bucks of empire.... hopefully will actually get here. the money has been taken out but they dont know why.. order last monday and they said 2 weeks. 1 week for wheel build and then 1 week to ship.. so hopefully will get stuff soon

Lemontime

Eats Squid
It was going to cost me $130aud just to buy 1 WHEEL off dans!! were as it was only $75aud post for 2 wheels, tyres tybes ect on empire... Dans generaly has more of a range but dog you on postage costs.
Because it costs alot to post wheels, the insurance and all.. And they're pretty damn fragile when not on a bike with a tire..

Likes Bikes
I got madera cranks, demo cassette hub, eastern sprocket, mosh sealed pedals, grips, and animal tyre off of danscomp for $350 aud delivered , when off of empire the same stuff would have cost over $500, and on strictly or an aus bikeshop it would cost more like $800 so if buying a lot of parts dans is cheaper.

A mate of mine got elementary stem, JC pedals, macneil pivotal seat and post, animal grips, metal barends, animal tyre, for $250 delivered. That's bloody cheap.

When buying a wheel off of dans the postage cost is so high that it really cancels out your saving on the cost of the parts. A frame postage is also very high, but there are some really cheap frames on dans so they still work out cheaper than strictly.

Obviously if only buying one part off of dans it is quite expensive, but a large order is good to do as the cost price is far lower than other online stores. Also to save on post put together with mates and make a large order. Also factor in that some banks charge a fee of around $20 for USD transactions on credit cards and such.

All up it is cheaper to buy off of dans for larger orders, excluding wheels, and in most cases frames. Empire is cheap if only ordering a few parts as post is low cost.

fair_enough69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i just ordered wheels, pegs and a belt off dans for under $500.... which would of cost well over $750 in australia. Also I could only get wheels, with way cheaper hubs from empire at the same pirce (10% codes from dans really help:p)

i will always buy from dans over any other net website.... just from my past experiences.

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just ordered some pegs, brake setup, grips, seat and post. it all cost about the same price as if i had just bought a brake setup from backbone. I ended up getting better and more parts for the same price. plus they gave me a calender for next year:)

yeah those discounts are heaps good.

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my brother got demo medial cranks and a eastern bb for 240 delivered! and a calender and stickers and some other free shit.

That is farkin cheap considering that order would be 400+ dollars in a store.

empire's shipping worked out cheaper for me and my mates just because i was ordering a complete back wheel... the order will take longer to get here but cheaper... and then dans is quicker but dearer for larger things

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it all depends on the weight of your order and the amount of things your buying.
if you have an expensive order danscomp is better whilst if your buying one large item, such as a wheel. empire would be cheaper, in my opinion.

if your buying small things just get them locally.

shadow187

Likes Bikes
Dans Comp is a joke

DAN's COMP HAS POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH YOUR ORDER

Last edited: